Confirmed with Link: Florek Signed

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I am not sure what his upside is but he is a big kid and has some similarities to his game as Mike Knuble. Knuble was a bit shorter and wider, but Florek can easily get up to 225 lbs and carry it no problem with that height. Florek is fundamentally solid, works the boards well and has no problem going to the net.

Knuble was a very good at picking up loose pucks down low, using his body, positioning, and hands to have several 20 goal seasons and hang around for over 1,000 games. Not bad for a guy who the Bruins picked up on waivers.

Knuble was drafted higher and had a much better college career so maybe I am off here and Florek is more along the lines of Byron Bitz as one of my friends and a semi-regular HF poster sees him as.

He'll likely be somewhere in the middle and has a chance to settle into a bottom 6 left wing spot in a year or two when Kelly and Paille vacate the spots, and if Fraser proves unable to consistently get time and space and/or be quick enough to get in position to use his outstanding shot.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Glad that they're keeping him in the fold, can definately see the comparison to Knuble...We're all still waiting though on the "cleansing" of the $$$ issues with some wise moves (not that the Florek signing has much to do with it) but we're all still curious how they're going to make it all work.

A Healthy Kelly*

good kid to have around especially given that he now has playoff experience and a goal to boot; confidence is key obviously so that experience will do wonders for him when the time comes. he's slotted for providence though i have to assume ofc.

and yeah, needs to bulk up.

vjcsmoke

Jun 29, 2011
Like this signing a lot more than Caron, sadly enough. At least we have some more guys to throw on the ice.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad