Post-Game Talk: Floors

Status
Not open for further replies.

TominNC

Jul 17, 2017
Charlotte, NC
So now after two crappy games that didn’t change our position in the standings we’re back to being a horrible team with no good players. Who do all these teams behind us have?

FultonReed

derailer of threads
Jul 28, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
Just very busy. The next few days, lol.

Plus I want to save some ideas for the playoffs. Going to actually pay a subscription for a meme service to get nicer gifs and cooler memes going.

I’d rather have someone else do the GDT than half ass the last two games. lol
don't worry, i'll half ass them for you

ReddestRum

Sad even when winning
Dec 19, 2013

Hopes and dreams.

lE0NChGRZhvR6.webp

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

80shockeywasbuns

Feb 12, 2022
I agree. The forward versus D and D versus forward simplified format leads to less calamity and less failing to pick up your man.
He’s great when he can just wheel the puck into space, nobody can skate with him. He’d be such a beast on zone exits after fox bamboozles two idiots forechecking and slides Miller a pass with a giant runway. Instead we have Lindgren to take every advantage fox creates and just have a stroke with the puck

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
Total 180 from your posts all season. I rely on you to keep me off the ledge, lol.
These last 2 games have really pissed me off and shows this team is unable or unwilling to make things easy on themselves. I honestly don't know what to expect in the playoffs but a first round exit is a real possibility especially if Trouba is playing 20+ minutes a game.

80shockeywasbuns

Feb 12, 2022
As far as the RW hole, just go get Anthony Duclair in free agency. We should have gotten him at the deadline. He has the hands of an angel and he's an absolute machine at 5v5 offense. That's what that line needs.
I don’t get how the guy bounces around so much. I feel like the league just decided he sucks because Torts didn’t like him even thought that’s like the #1 indicator that you’re good

Filip Chytil

Mar 3, 2014
I'm still lost on why Zac Jones hasn't been playing. Granted I missed a few games the last couple weeks, so maybe I missed him doing something egregious. Otherwise, I'm just lost. I thought he was playing well.

I've always felt like this team has overachieved a bit this year. Hopefully they get this thing back on track come playoff time.

mandiblesofdoom

May 24, 2012
I'm still lost on why Zac Jones hasn't been playing. Granted I missed a few games the last couple weeks, so maybe I missed him doing something egregious. Otherwise, I'm just lost. I thought he was playing well.

I've always felt like this team has overachieved a bit this year. Hopefully they get this thing back on track come playoff time.
He's not playing because ... well, because the team is committed to Lindgren & Trouba.

Because someone (or more likely several someones) in Ranger management are fixated on having "physical defensemen," even if they don't play well. Even if better players have to sit. Seems like it's an enduring part of organizational culture - either they don't understand what winning hockey is, or they are trying to appeal to fans who like this.

LoveGoons

Mar 3, 2021
This organization is soft and as a result we get high skill players for entertainment and we get push around in the playoffs or when we play any team with grit and a defensive system..

• Haha

NikC

Oct 7, 2008
Grrrrrrrrit. We neeeeeeeed grrrrrrit. Oh boy that time of year. NHL playoffs. No matter who wins 31 other teams didn’t have enough grrrrrrrrrit.
bro, i like to be as positive as the next guy... did you remember how well they played last year... and choked in the playoffs? This group hasn't proven anything yet...

Its so typical of the NYR to have a 50g winning season and play like they're out of the playoffs...

Sorry, this group has created their own doubt, and as much as i'd like to be proven wrong (hopefully), i'll believe it when THEY DO IT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad