OT: Floor/Ball Hockey In Vancouver

CCF23

Jul 11, 2008
Richmond, BC
Hey guys, hoping someone will be able to help me out. Myself and two friends of mine are starting to look for a recreational floor hockey league to play in sometime in the near future. Ideally we'd not want to have to get a full team together, but just have the 3 of us be placed on a team somewhere. Nothing too competitive, we're just looking to have fun more than anything, though I would be interested in something that does at least keep standings.

We're all in the Vancouver area and ideally would like to stay as close to Van as possible.

If anyone has any recommendations it'd be much appreciated.

mossey3535

Feb 7, 2011
Hey guys, hoping someone will be able to help me out. Myself and two friends of mine are starting to look for a recreational floor hockey league to play in sometime in the near future. Ideally we'd not want to have to get a full team together, but just have the 3 of us be placed on a team somewhere. Nothing too competitive, we're just looking to have fun more than anything, though I would be interested in something that does at least keep standings.

We're all in the Vancouver area and ideally would like to stay as close to Van as possible.

I see a lot of people in my FB feed on Urban Rec. No idea what it's like.

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...

One of those two friends "Templaerdude"? :sarcasm:

Solidius

#TankLivesMatter
Jul 7, 2006
Vancouver, B.C.
I see a lot of people in my FB feed on Urban Rec. No idea what it's like.

I looked up the rules for Urban Rec hockey (since I play indoor soccer there) and it's pretty bunk. Goalies have to play with a skater stick and penalty shots and shootouts are soccer-style; you take a stationary shot and can't come in on the goalie like actual hockey.

I think there's a league at Mount Pleasant Community Centre (Kingsway at Main) but I haven't looked into it. My brother and I are going to look into it for the summer/fall.

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
It actually is.

:laugh:

:laugh:

I figured as much!

(before you get tooooooo creep'd out as to who I am.....I'm "oscarheyman" from the old boards :)).

Always wondered what became some of the 'old TSB crew' (eg. TheDominator, Hoffa, etc.,). Polarbear posts here sometimes & KingBrodeur makes a rare appearance on Habys board).

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
Not sure what the league is like there but for casual drop in you can try the Yaletown Roundhouse center. Goalies where proper equipment and you can use regular hockey sticks. You're not likely to be able to just drop in though, you ave to sign up for 3 month segments ahead of time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad