Flint Firebirds 2018-19 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TcNorth

Jan 25, 2015
That is two guys some thought were coming back. That opens up two more spots.

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
I don't see the logic in keeping 19yo Alexandrov over 18yo Pilon. As much as Collins was a defensively solid forward and went above and beyond doing anything the team asked of him and playing through a lot of difficult situations, they can probably do better with that OA spot. Hopefully he lands a spot at a University in Ontario. IF Jenik reports, I think 828's roster is about spot on until an OA is added barring any surprises at camp.

Kesid

The House of Penguin
Aug 25, 2005
just FYI Jenik played for Liberec in preseason and is currently on 4th line.

TcNorth

Jan 25, 2015
Only 12 forwards, 7 defence and 2 goalies listed on preseason roster?
These are only signed players. Obviously, there will be 8-10 more players in camp next week (other drafted players and any free agents who have been invited). The part that will continue to be a thorn in my side is missing (at this point) on our 2nd round Priority pick (Owen Power) and 1st round Import pick (Jan Jenik). Indefensible for a 1st place team, let alone a 19th place team!

Last edited:

FirebirdsFan21

Nov 25, 2017
Okay so with the players signed on the roster which may not be 100% accurate. And the firebirds adding three people already, can they only add 1 person as a rookie or does that only apply to this draft class? Can they add more than 1 17+ year old players?

MJ5

Targeted Poster
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2016
Flint
Little disappointed there is no Littlejohn. Always loved the fact that he wanted to mix it up a bit and I thought he actually started to develop a bit on the offensive end.

Firebrd828

Oct 21, 2015
Okay so with the players signed on the roster which may not be 100% accurate. And the firebirds adding three people already, can they only add 1 person as a rookie or does that only apply to this draft class? Can they add more than 1 17+ year old players?
They can add all the 17-19 year olds they want. They can only roster a max of four 16 year olds (the first two that they drafted this year, and any two of the others).

I believe this means that because Power is unlikely to report (their second player picked this year), that they can only have a max of three 16 year-olds.

Last edited:

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
Little disappointed there is no Littlejohn. Always loved the fact that he wanted to mix it up a bit and I thought he actually started to develop a bit on the offensive end.
Yeah, him and Pilon. To keep Alexandrov over Pilon is a mistake in my opinion. Alexandrov started last year as bad as any D Flint has ever rostered and improved as the season went on but not enough where I'd roster him as a 19yo Import. To play Littlejohn as a 16 and 17yo and NOW release makes no sense and if Janik doesn't report, that's a massive blunder. I don't know how they managed to blow the 6th overall Import pick if that happens.

MJ5

Targeted Poster
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2016
Flint
Alexandrov I at least thought he improved during the season. I can't say the same about Pilon, I thought he struggled start to finish all year long. I thought the writing was on the wall for this one.

Collins not being back, they will definitely be looking to add a cheap OA guy at least.

I wish the transactions page would get updated on the Firebirds site when stuff like this happens.

And yes, if Jenik doesn't end up coming up, that's a big blow. Unless some how Arizona plans on making him report next year? So we are hanging on to his rights for the year.

Packman

Jun 19, 2018
The coach I'm sure had his reasons for not having players return or who knows maybe the players didn't want to return either.

Firebrd828

Oct 21, 2015
The coach I'm sure had his reasons for not having players return or who knows maybe the players didn't want to return either.
Exactly...can't assume that all these decisions were made by the team, and not by the players themselves.

MJ5

Targeted Poster
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2016
Flint
Exactly...can't assume that all these decisions were made by the team, and not by the players themselves.

Wasn't Littlejohns brother drafted? Or might have been drafted? Played with Byfield? If he wasn't drafted is it possible that Ryan is playing with his brother some where?

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
Wasn't Littlejohns brother drafted? Or might have been drafted? Played with Byfield? If he wasn't drafted is it possible that Ryan is playing with his brother some where?

we wasnt drafted or playing with byfield

ill be honest, the little i saw of littlejohn, i didnt think he was anything other then a basic ohl forward. certainly not a guy that is a difference maker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce