Fleury - consecutive shutouts on a back-to-back

kladorf2005

Apr 20, 2018
Surprised I didn't see a thread about this. He shutout the Flames on Friday and the Sharks on Saturday. Can't imagine this happens very often these days, especially since you rarely even see the same goalie play in both games of a back-to-back anymore.

He's got a league leading 5 shutouts in his league leading 12 wins this year. He's now tied with Rinne for 23rd all time with 53 career shutouts. (Yes I know he has played a lot more games than Rinne).

It's good to see him still playing well late into his career. I know a lot of us thought it might have been a sad ending with him going to an expansion team, but that has not been the case.

Rygu

Dec 24, 2017
B.C.
He's still a very good goalie, I'd take him on Calgary in a heartbeat.

GKG18

Expansion Fan
Jun 25, 2016
Hendertucky
He started the season slow, so this is a good sign for VGK going forward. He's currently 9th in GAA and 23rd in save % which he's had to work his way up in. A week ago he was in the 40's. We will all see exactly how valuable he is to this franchise on Tuesday when (if?) Subban gets the start vs Chicago. His last start didn't go so well.....

holy

2023-2024 Cup CHamps
May 22, 2017
Cristobal Huet did that in the 05-06 season I'm pretty sure. SuperBowl weekend if I remember correctly.

Fataldogg

Mar 22, 2007
Fleury > Murray by a fair margin.

What is interesting is that he has a .913SV% but has five shutouts. Meaning he has been lit up many games this season. SV% should be higher.

That said, he is having another solid year all around. Glad to see him have success after Pittsburgh.

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
Fleury > Murray by a fair margin.

What is interesting is that he has a .913SV% but has five shutouts. Meaning he has been lit up many games this season. SV% should be higher.

That said, he is having another solid year all around. Glad to see him have success after Pittsburgh.

Right now it looks like the Pens made the wrong choice. It's hard I get it because I am not sure Fleury wins them those cups because he is known for chocking but on the other hand.. You don't win cups if you can't make the playoffs.

Moving Fleury might have closed their window a lot faster than if they kept him. Their offense is still good enough to win them games they just can't keep the puck out.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Really wish Flames had a deal for him that didn't involve that Tkachuk pick.
Calgary with Flower in net would be absurd.

He played well against Calgary. Credit to Vegas they bogged that game down, after trying to make it a fluid affair a week previously. He made some 10-bellers that game.

heysmilinstrange

Nov 10, 2016
Fleury's always been a hot and cold goalie. The hot streaks make you forget that he'll inevitably find some way to blow it by the end of the season.

CanadianPensFan1

Jun 13, 2014
Canada
Right now it looks like the Pens made the wrong choice. It's hard I get it because I am not sure Fleury wins them those cups because he is known for chocking but on the other hand.. You don't win cups if you can't make the playoffs.

Moving Fleury might have closed their window a lot faster than if they kept him. Their offense is still good enough to win them games they just can't keep the puck out.

It would seem that way but you'd be wrong. The problems on the pens go way way beyond Matt Murray. Vintage Roy or Hasek voukdnt save this team right now

allevat

Jan 11, 2018

If you watch the games, a lot of that was some really bad defense. For a while there the D was screening him frequently, allowing big shooting lanes, etc. Schmidt's back which seems to be helping a lot.

paragon

May 5, 2010
Surprised I didn't see a thread about this. He shutout the Flames on Friday and the Sharks on Saturday. Can't imagine this happens very often these days, especially since you rarely even see the same goalie play in both games of a back-to-back anymore.

He's got a league leading 5 shutouts in his league leading 12 wins this year. He's now tied with Rinne for 23rd all time with 53 career shutouts. (Yes I know he has played a lot more games than Rinne).

It's good to see him still playing well late into his career. I know a lot of us thought it might have been a sad ending with him going to an expansion team, but that has not been the case.
Pretty crazy that he manages to have 5 shutouts in only 21 starts (and yet only .913). Last year Rinne led the league with 8 and no one has had more than 11 during this decade.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad