Fletchers biggest challange imo

phil162888

Jul 28, 2012
What contracts do you offer Provorov and Konecny? Provy has been inconsistent this year (horrible today). He plays a ton and has potential to be a franchise defensemen but there are huge ? His contract could be a steal or an albatross depending on what he signs for. Konecny similar situation except he's been more consistent. To me these are two critical contracts that could set up or set back the organization. Really am curious how he handles these two situations.

CapnZin

Jul 20, 2017
Sweden
Trade Frost for a veteran top 4 D to play with Provy. Too many red flags with that kid.
What red flags? The only one I can see is motivation/laziness. Similar to Voracek. However, his spot isn’t going to be directly in the T6. If he wants to be a contributing memeber on this team he will have to earn it. I have a feeling that will push him.

We have other prospects like Issac Ratcliffe, Matthew Strome, German Rubtsov, and Tanner Laczynski that can be packaged for one.

PHILOUDELPHIA

Feb 29, 2012
South Jersey NJ
What is everyone's Grade so Far for Fletch,

I'm so far giving him a C, but to me he is being a bit Hastely

I wonder what his outlook is going into July. Soon will have some money. I wish Paul was fired to

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA

I wonder what his outlook is going into July. Soon will have some money. I wish Paul was fired to
Yea I think it’s too early. Trade deadline. Draft. UFA. Need something to grade him on.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I'd offer Provorov 8 X $5.5 give or take $500K to see if he bites. If he wants more then maybe go with the bridge deal and tell him to earn it.

Reactions: Don Nachbaur 26

lancer247

Jan 16, 2007
Fletch’s biggest challenge is does he move assets to make this team a serious contender by adding a Top 4 d while Giroux, Voracek Coots are in their prime and can a 2nd year goalie be trusted with that pressure.
Or
Does he let things mature naturally and hope that Provy, Ghost, Sanheim, Myers reach their potential while Frost, Patrick, TK, Farabee can replace G, Voracek production as they decline.

prototypical4thliner

Jan 12, 2017
I'd offer Provorov 8 X $5.5 give or take $500K to see if he bites. If he wants more then maybe go with the bridge deal and tell him to earn it.
If that’s the offer, for sure he takes a bridge. I think I’d go as high as 8/50 million as of right now, even with his objectively poor play this year.

achdumeingute

Jun 28, 2011
NorCal
Fletch’s biggest challenge is does he move assets to make this team a serious contender by adding a Top 4 d while Giroux, Voracek Coots are in their prime and can a 2nd year goalie be trusted with that pressure.
Or
Does he let things mature naturally and hope that Provy, Ghost, Sanheim, Myers reach their potential while Frost, Patrick, TK, Farabee can replace G, Voracek production as they decline.
I'm of the opinion that there no external moves (besides coach) that will seriously elevate this team to contender status, as a top "4" defenseman, we'd have to get a Chris Pronger level guy to make a difference (not likely). Guys like Hjalmarsson and Hamonic are good top 4 players who have recently moved, but I don't see them elevating the roster.

Its going to take the sub 24 crowd elevating their games to rise this squad up, to "serious" status. We should be a playoff team next year (we should have been one this year).

IMO, Talbot was a good pickup overall, hopefully we can get him resigned to a moderate 2 year deal.

achdumeingute

Jun 28, 2011
NorCal

Incomplete. It can't be anything other than incomplete, there just hasn't been enough activity.

Also, money isnt worth anything if there is nobody to spend it on.

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Fletcher's biggest challenge will be keeping upper management and ownership off his back while trying to make deals that will help move the club even further along. Having Scott and Holmgren watching over his shoulder while he tries to make a deal is a distraction all of it's own.....

Eh, I think they’re pretty happy with the team winning and the stadium full.

Reactions: DaphneLion

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
I'd give Provorov 8 years $50M and be pretty happy about it. Get him signed before Trouba signs his $60M deal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad