News Article: Flat cap 4 years means our core must be broken up!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
We can not keep trying to cobble together elements in minor trades or fringe additions if this team is going to win anything before contracts of Matthews/Marner cone due. Dubas should have no other choice than to break up this core and you don’t trade Matthews,
Marner needs to be moved while there is still cap room enough left around the league to accommodate it.Seattle,Buffalo,Arizona etc are posible destinations. Two core players with high salary or projected high salary need to go.

Dubas should make it known both Rielly and Marner are available immediately. The failures of this core just makes it essential and likely it is a time it will be best received by fans.

We can’t even get the smallest amount of help we need because of cap restraints. Does anyone really want this for a minimum of three more years! I certainly don’t. The time to act is now while there is cap space available. It will dry up quickly and would require we take salary back in the very near future.

I believe if Dubas doesn’t do this he will have already failed before the season even starts

This is bettman saying its a long road back to increased cap Bettman: NHL salary cap will remain flat or near flat for 'immediate future'

Reactions: hullsy47

The Nic

Jul 26, 2009
If you don’t like the thread go to another. I don’t really care if you feel the need to come in to a thread to complain that it’s not for you. Go to another thread man.
The absolute worst thing about the recent post season implosion is the gloom and nonsense that it brings to life on this site. You can barely find a thread now that doesn't contain something about dumping this or that guy... firing this or that guy. Tear it down... start again... Dubas is a nimrod... Shanahan doesn't know what he's doing... blah blah blah. It's all so hopelessly negative... and pointless. There's more than enough going on in the world to be upset about. Sports are supposed to be fun. I think that I'm most upset with the team for forcing its fans to put up with this crap all summer long... yet again.

Reactions: Azail

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
We can not keep trying to cobble together elements in minor trades or fringe additions if this team is going to win anything before contracts of Matthews/Marner cone due. Dubas should have no other choice than to break up this core and you don’t trade Matthews,
Marner needs to be moved while there is still cap room enough left around the league to accommodate it.Seattle,Buffalo,Arizona etc are posible destinations. Two core players with high salary or projected high salary need to go.

Dubas should make it known both Rielly and Marner are available immediately. The failures of this core just makes it essential and likely it is a time it will be best received by fans.

We can’t even get the smallest amount of help we need because of cap restraints. Does anyone really want this for a minimum of three more years! I certainly don’t. The time to act is now while there is cap space available. It will dry up quickly and would require we take salary back in the very near future.

I believe if Dubas doesn’t do this he will have already failed before the season even starts

This is bettman saying its a long road back to increased cap Bettman: NHL salary cap will remain flat or near flat for 'immediate future'

Dubas cares more about proving hes right over the evidence staring him in the face.

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012
How many different thread titles do we need for the same post, can we just sticky a Dubas complaint thread and stop spamming essentially the same complaint over and over again.

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012
The absolute worst thing about the recent post season implosion is the gloom and nonsense that it brings to life on this site. You can barely find a thread now that doesn't contain something about dumping this or that guy... firing this or that guy. Tear it down... start again... Dubas is a nimrod... Shanahan doesn't know what he's doing... blah blah blah. It's all so hopelessly negative... and pointless. There's more than enough going on in the world to be upset about. Sports are supposed to be fun. I think that I'm most upset with the team for forcing its fans to put up with this crap all summer long... yet again.

I wish that when it came to moderating the Leafs board this was being taken into consideration. A handful of people try to make everyone miserable, and you're right it's not fun. Last season is over, reveling is misery isn't helping anyone, and likely driving people away.

Reactions: ACC1224

Team Cozens

Oct 24, 2013
Burlington
Arizona finishes last and wins the lottery to draft Shane Wright. Trade Matthews for Wright. Get a similar player on an ELC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad