Low Effort GDT Flames vs. Sens (home), 1 p.m. (Playing live from your TV, Radio, or Internet Device)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
They embarrassed Calgary the other night and came out flat. Maybe they were reading all their accolades in the paper. It's a hard league and they needed to be harder on pucks early.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
This team can't afford to have Chabot, Reilly, Brannstrom & Zaitsev on the roster at the same time, they are just too weak defensively when these guys are playing. Zaitsev had a good start but looks to be getting tired, Chabot has been brutal defensively most of the yr, Reilly has been both good & bad, the very definition of inconsistency & Brannstrom has had some good moments & bad moments & sometimes looks small & gets overpowered in board battles. Not sure how long it will take to fix this defence but Ottawa needs both JBD & Sanderson to be NHL ready much sooner than later.

Answer

Dec 17, 2006
Edmonton
Dadonov only has 2 assists. That tells a lot about the guy

The dude is just broken. Dzingle needs to take his spot in the line up

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
Let’s just hope chabot gets better because he’s making the monster dollars.

Nothing wrong with having a bigger guy on that side of the ice playing the toughest D minutes. It'd free Chabot up offensively

Inf4mous0ne

Jan 28, 2010
house.gif
Anyway, that 2nd goal is maybe the only goal that you should/could expect the goalie to save. On all the other goals he was totally left out to dry.
Obviously we disagree, but saying the one critique for Murray is that he isn't expecting his defense to screw up is pretty weak. His numbers are terrible, he gives up a couple soft goals a game, has a terrible glove, and he always takes forever to get set/reset (yes it saved us with the Montreal interference goal, but I think that was obviously a dubious call).

I agree the defense has been terrible too, but Murray does not look good. Let's hope they both improve.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Nothing wrong with having a bigger guy on that side of the ice playing the toughest D minutes. It'd free Chabot up offensively
Chabot would still be making these mistakes when he’s on the ice. Chabot needs to be better. Even if we had giordano

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
Chabot would still be making these mistakes when he’s on the ice. Chabot needs to be better. Even if we had giordano

Most of them look mental to me. Fatigue having to play 25 of the hardest minutes every night.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Lacked effort for half the game but really appreciate how they finished off the game and stayed in it.

Daccord looked pretty good in the 3rd.

The Brady-Matthew-Giordano moment at the end of the game was hilarious :laugh:

Reactions: DrEasy

MiscBrah

Mar 16, 2012
I didn't get to see any of the game, what are the cliff notes?

Stats tell me Chabot was brutal (-4 with 2 assists, yikes). PP is looking better. Murray was bad/unlucky?

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
Lack of what part? Not passing it straight to opposing players at his own blue line?its not so critical. Is just saying the play was shit. Which it was

Yes the play was bad, but again he's young and he was gassed. He gets a pass for me on that one.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Yes the play was bad, but again he's young and he was gassed. He gets a pass for me on that one.
Well
I mean technically he gets a pass from me too I have no power over his ice time or anything like that. I’ll be cheering for him again next game.

Reactions: DJB
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad