GDT: Flames vs. Red Wings - Saturday matinee (2 p.m. MT/Sportsnet 1, 9PM GMT, 11PM EET)

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Won't be watching this one, it's on at the same time as the funeral.

If the CBD oil and the canna-brownies aren't enough to calm my nerves, I may stop in as sports have always been my safe space.

You don't need to post your condolences or anything (not that they haven't been appreciated), I don't mention if for sympathy, I'm just struggling to accept everything and I know talking about it is important to the process.

But I do want to share some advice. Tell the people you love that you love them. We were never a family that did that, not until around Christmas when we knew my dad only had months... It ended up being weeks and 5 weeks of I love yous just isn't enough.

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
Won't be watching this one, it's on at the same time as the funeral.

If the CBD oil and the canna-brownies aren't enough to calm my nerves, I may stop in as sports have always been my safe space.

You don't need to post your condolences or anything (not that they haven't been appreciated), I don't mention if for sympathy, I'm just struggling to accept everything and I know talking about it is important to the process.

But I do want to share some advice. Tell the people you love that you love them. We were never a family that did that, not until around Christmas when we knew my dad only had months... It ended up being weeks and 5 weeks of I love yous just isn't enough.
All the best for you. I lost my father 13 years ago, and the funeral day was one of the hardest days of my life. He'd been terminally sick for quite long as well so we knew it was coming, but it's something you can't prepare for. After the funeral we went to our cottage, and both myself and my brother sighed in some kind of relief that it was over and he was in a better place. I still miss my father, and after all this time he still comes to my dreams every now and then, looking just fine.

I don't know if this helps, it's gonna be tough but it gets better, and you still have all the memories.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
All the best for you. I lost my father 13 years ago, and the funeral day was one of the hardest days of my life. He'd been terminally sick for quite long as well so we knew it was coming, but it's something you can't prepare for. After the funeral we went to our cottage, and both myself and my brother sighed in some kind of relief that it was over and he was in a better place. I still miss my father, and after all this time he still comes to my dreams every now and then, looking just fine.

I don't know if this helps, it's gonna be tough but it gets better, and you still have all the memories.
It doesn't help, but you know that lol. But it is appreciated, and you also know that.

I'm glad you have a lot of good memories, you deserved a few decades more. ❤️

Reactions: Boomstick and Kahvi

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
I remember back in the day a few weeks ago when we had won like 4 in a row or something and were winning the Cup. Those were the days.

Hopefully we start another cup run with a win today.

Last edited:

flames23

Mar 11, 2010
Burnaby
Go flam. Just call me Stockholm syndrome Petey. I've fallen in love with my bubble 8-11 place in West Flames. "Just make the dance" for Kuzy and Marky. Then we can hilariously upset Vancouver in rd1. 3 first round wins vs them and two finals appearances for us thereafter. Game 7 ot in 3 of our matchups (lost in '94 ofc and they went to the finals). It's a destiny matchup. 2015 broke the streak by ending too early. Game 6 regulation? Camman.

Since that series we've become a spot for their used players (Marky, Tanny, Toffoli to a lesser degree, and now we're trading w them directly. Kuzy vs Lindy for all the marbles. Big Z gonna be head hunting). Could be epic.

Reactions: Tofveve

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Since Markstrom is starting I would guess any trade deal is dead in the water for now.

Screenshot_20240217-135643_kindlephoto-30267180.png

Last edited:
Reactions: joescores

joescores

Mar 21, 2011
Hunt on the 4th line instead of Schwindt who has looked absolutely dreadful each time he played- not nhl material (Schwindt).

Felidae

Sep 30, 2016
Honestly, might as well try to make the playoffs. We aren't bad enough to get a high draft pick anyways.

Felidae

Sep 30, 2016
Huberdeau line on EV already looks better than they did against the sharks. Actually maintaining possession in Ozone.

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
It sure looks at times like Duehr could be more than a career 4th liner. Big body, good skater. Had a nice one-timer there.

Reactions: flames23

joescores

Mar 21, 2011
It sure looks at times like Duehr could be more than a career 4th liner. Big body, good skater. Had a nice one-timer there.
He has a lot of holes in his game at this level. His shot has been non existent this season. Check his G stat in 25 ;)

joescores

Mar 21, 2011
Unbelievable bad luck for Backlund this season. Got to be leading the entire NHL...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad