Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
angry-angry-panda.gif

Nanuuk

Nov 16, 2013
Calgary, Alberta
Overall a meh game. The Oiler B squad basically played a rope a dope trap game and did it well. Campbell was good, but faced few high danger chances.

Flames, meanwhile, played their system and for the most part controlled play. When they did get into trouble our 4 line was on the ice and one time Poirier got left behind in a hurry for a scoring chance. Not that I'm blaming the kid. Being late to camp from his injury he literally has some catching up to do.

Players that impressed me - Coronato (I watched him without the puck), Poirier (kid has talent and wasn't as bad in our zone as I thought he might be), Solovyov (he is going to be a good reliable D), Vladar (dialed in and stayed cool most of the game).

Honourable mention to Kadri. Played with energy.

Wasn't impressed with our PP. Too much passing (cough, Huby) and not enough shooting.

Wasn't impressed with our lack of physicality. That is going to haunt us this season. Not that we need a guy to chuck knuckles. We do need to body check or it will be a long season.

deleted user

Sponsor
Dec 16, 2019
I'm thinking of taking up voodoo. For... reasons. That damn team of sweatpants loving bastiiiids.

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Folks remember a few things.

1. It's preseason.
2. New coaching staff.
3. It's preseason.
4. New lines.
5. It's preseason.
6. Partial line-ups.
7. Did I mention it's pre-season
8. Nothing will stop me from panicking. Cup parade has officially been cancelled.

Reactions: Ace Rimmer

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad