GDT: Flames vs Ducks

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
My general reaction after the Flames blow a third period lead...

breaking-bad-gif.gif

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I haven't watched the game yet, been sick so I slept all evening before my shift tonight. It looks like I should turn it off after 40 eh?

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Well, I think the boys got their first glimpse of true play-off hockey.

Not what came to my mind. Many games so far this season have had a playoff-like atmosphere. This one didn't really IMO. Just kind of felt like they didn't show up for the third and the other team took advantage. We weren't even really being dominated; more like we just kept doing really dumb, lazy things.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
I haven't watched the game yet, been sick so I slept all evening before my shift tonight. It looks like I should turn it off after 40 eh?

Hiller's was scored on 5 times in 20 min. Not all were his fault, but our overall effort and focus to details was pathetic. I think you can miss it.

Hopefully you're feeling better.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Hiller's was scored on 5 times in 20 min. Not all were his fault, but our overall effort and focus to details was pathetic. I think you can miss it.
The Alberta 55+ winter games is in town. I might be catching death from them.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Not what came to my mind. Many games so far this season have had a playoff-like atmosphere. This one didn't really IMO. Just kind of felt like they didn't show up for the third and the other team took advantage. We weren't even really being dominated; more like we just kept doing really dumb, lazy things.

For me, it just kind of felt like they thought they were going to win, and just started playing not to lose. Very sloppy start, Anaheim jumps on them... They never get it back.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
It annoys me because Anaheim played like crap in the first 40 and Calgary switched off thinking the game was pretty much in the bag once the third came around.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
It annoys me because Anaheim played like crap in the first 40 and Calgary switched off thinking the game was pretty much in the bag once the third came around.

Yup, that's what it felt like. It's like we played our first period last this time.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
I guess there's a silver lining to getting lit up in the third. Maybe they'll come out with some purpose against the Rangers on Tuesday.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad