Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Salutations

Votes: 5 9.6%
  • f*** off

Votes: 24 46.2%

• Total voters

Gatorbait19

Apr 2, 2019
Think they need another pure finisher down the depth chart honestly.

Hard workers are great, but you need someone who can turn the tide of a game with one good shot. During the cup run that was Burky for us(And Kadri) and I dont think we've really been able to replace him since then.

Guys like Lehky, Colton, LOC, Wood, Olofsson, Kiviranta, Cogs... They're all good hard working types but none of them are snipers or good goal scorers.

Its part of why I think Patty Kane would be an interesting add. Hard to say with Kovalenko but I expect if he sticks in the NHL he'll be another one in the mold of Lehky/Nuke and not a pure goal scoring type.
The 2 things we’ve missed significantly since winning the cup are: (1) not being able to score dirty/boring/non-sexy goals; and (2) a sniper/goal scorer.

I think we’ve gotten the first covered with RyJo and Colton. But we still need that depth sniper similar to what Bura brought (production wise at least). You mentioned Duclair who I like and would certainly take him over Tatar, but Duke is more of a speed guy than a sniper. I’d be more interested in scooping Vatrano somehow.

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
Missed all but 15 minutes of the first. Looks like we got caved in during the third again, was it as bad as the advanced stats make it seem like? Outside of the Nucks and Stars games the Avs have been really taking their foot off the gas in the third, which is a trend I do not love.

But I guess this team was 45 seconds away from winning seven straight, so what do I know.

Reactions: SaltySkywalker

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
Missed all but 15 minutes of the first. Looks like we got caved in during the third again, was it as bad as the advanced stats make it seem like? Outside of the Nucks and Stars games the Avs have been really taking their foot off the gas in the third, which is a trend I do not love.

But I guess this team was 45 seconds away from winning seven straight, so what do I know.
No it wasn't terrible, another reason why advanced stats suck.

Wasn't ideal but only a few really good chances for Calgary.

We need to play better for sure, but Calgary came out really hard and played a good period and we bent but didn't break.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
No it wasn't terrible, another reason why advanced stats suck.

Wasn't ideal but only a few really good chances for Calgary.

We need to play better for sure, but Calgary came out really hard and played a good period and we bent but didn't break.
Maybe not terrible (we've seen worse) but the Avs got dominated pretty badly in the 3rd. I sure wouldn't blame advanced stats for showing it.

Not only Calgary outshot us by a wide margin but they came very close to score at least 3 times. Mangiapane alone hit the post twice and Prosvetov had to make a couple of great saves to keep the score as-is.

Reactions: ASmileyFace

NorthernAvsFan

Jun 25, 2014
Maybe not terrible (we've seen worse) but the Avs got dominated pretty badly in the 3rd. I sure wouldn't blame advanced stats for showing it.

Not only Calgary outshot us by a wide margin but they came very close to score at least 3 times. Mangiapane alone hit the post twice and Prosvetov had to make a couple of great saves to keep the score as-is.

I definitely wouldn’t say dominated. The Avs did their best Dallas Stars impression last night.

Dallas does this a lot when they have the lead. Give up possession, but don’t give up a lot of quality looks. High danger chances were only 5-4 in the 3rd.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
One other thought on the game tonight...

Feels like you can already see Parkilla's impact on Prosvetov in the net. Way more controlled in his movements and less chaotic.

Really think we might have found something with him.
Arizona is low-key impressive at finding goalies. They never have a hyped prospect, but always seem to have decent goaltending. They helped make Smith and Kuemper decent starters. Developed another SC winning goalie in Hill.

Then when it looked like they had nothing after Kuemper, they end up having Vejmelka, Ingram, and Provestov as goalie depth. Vejmelka is already a starter, and both Ingram and Provestov appear to be on the right track.

Reactions: Colorado Avalanche

Jazzguitar

Feb 25, 2012
Denver
lol MacK really gives no f***s
Not only that he always seems to do that that but it was weird seeing him not even celebrate his goal. Maybe someone else (I forget who said it sorry) had it on the money where he was just like, "really that one goes in?" and was just kinda shocked lol. Was also weird seeing him jump right off the ice alone at the end of the game though and not even do the raise sticks with the team at center ice or anything.

Just the weirdest body language from him lately hopefully everything's alright with him mentally and physically.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
I definitely wouldn’t say dominated. The Avs did their best Dallas Stars impression last night.

Dallas does this a lot when they have the lead. Give up possession, but don’t give up a lot of quality looks. High danger chances were only 5-4 in the 3rd.
High danger chances were 9-7 from the 2nd onward, so the Avs did an ok job of trying to prevent those.

Scoring chances overall, though, were 26-14 Flames the last 40 minutes. The Avs were not good in the 2nd and 3rd.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver

Prosvetov made 1 really good save and Mangiapane hit the post once unless your counting that bad angle shot with like a minute left that may have grazed the outside of the post. Rantanen also hit the post previously could easily been 4-1 going into the 3rd.

Overall a lot of the shots were perimeter, I never really felt the game was out of control. Give Calgary some credit as well, they played a really solid period. Sometimes other teams just play well and you kind of have the weather it. Which is what we did.

Vaslof

Feb 1, 2017
Damn nice goal by Drouin. Flames defense in shambles of course, but still.

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
Provy it is. I hope you guys will stop with Prostate now.
giphy (32).gif

Gigantor The Goalie

Speak for the Goalies
Feb 4, 2012
New London
Love it when goalies prove me right even in a small sample size! Really solid game from Prosvetov who just stuck to his process and didn't try to be Georgiev moving all over the place. His movement was efficient and got that large frame of his into position well enough. He's honestly looking like a bigger Francouz but without the higher end reflexes. Hopefully this leads to Bednar trusting him more to give Georgiev some more time off here and there. I'd like to continue seeing Prosvetov refine his game but he's on the right track and while the team got caved in the 3rd they weren't allowing the highest danger chances possible. Prosvetov wasn't forced to move laterally a whole lot as the Avs gave up shooting lanes and lanes to the net but kept it to a move north-south game with maybe lateral plays off of cycling. He really stepped up in a big way in only his 3rd start of the season and we're at the end of November, really awesome from him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad