• Salutations

Votes: 5 9.6%
  • f*** off

Votes: 24 46.2%

• Total voters

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
So his nickname is "Provy". You can drop Prostate and other names now.
1701030538847.png

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Just listened to Makar after hours on sportsnet. Not only he’s a great player, but such a well spoken guy

Yah man. Future Captain of the Flames.

He said during an interview they showed in the arena that his nickname is Provy-1 like the golf balls.
Just got a sleeve of ProV1x this morning. Thats funny.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Do the Avs have some kind of connection to the Snows? If not it feels weird making them fly out to show how much you care
There are a lot of things where it’s worth applying some thought. This is not one of them. Accept that the Avs and native Calgarian Cale Makar made a nice gesture and move on. There is nothing “weird” about this.

The Moops

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2017
Earth
Do you see how happy those kids look? That is the point. Family had a terrible tragedy and the Avs trying to do something to shine some light in it.

There are a lot of things where it’s worth applying some thought. This is not one of them. Accept that the Avs and native Calgarian Cale Makar made a nice gesture and move on. There is nothing “weird” about this.
I was just curious if they knew each other or something. Might be a lot so soon after his death to be paraded around if every other team wanted to do this as well.

My mother in law shut down for like 18 months after her husband died, I know every situation is different, but it takes a lot of emotional energy after a loss to do things for others is all I'm saying.

If they enjoyed it that's great, not trying to say it was nefarious or something

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I was just curious if they knew each other or something. Might be a lot so soon after his death to be paraded around if every other team wanted to do this as well.

My mother in law shut down for like 18 months after her husband died, I know every situation is different, but it takes a lot of emotional energy after a loss to do things for others is all I'm saying.

If they enjoyed it that's great, not trying to say it was nefarious or something
I’m positive if Kelsie Snow did not want to do these things she would politely decline and everyone would be extremely understanding. And I’m guessing team officials reached out long beforehand to quietly ask her if it was okay. Lord knows she’s likely been preparing for her husband’s death for a long time before it actually happened.

NorthernAvsFan

Jun 25, 2014
I think the Snow family knew he was going to pass for a long time. As much as it’s hard, they’ve known it was going to come for quite a while now.

That boy looked super pumped to be in the Avs dressing room and meet Makar. It was probably nice for the kids to have some fun after what’s been a trying time.

As far as the connection goes, Makar being from Calgary and on the broadcast they said Chris McFarland was friends with the family. I would imagine Chris and Sakic helped put it together. Seems like a very nice gesture.

SB

Mar 9, 2004
Colorado
The other thing about all this is that the ALS community is fighting and fighting to raise awareness in order to raise money for research, so no, they do not want to hide. It's the worst disease out there, pretty much. The brother of one of my closest friends recently died of ALS and I forwarded her some of the videos of the ceremony, and she (not a hockey fan) was exceptionally pleased by it all.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad