Status
Not open for further replies.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
incredulous.gif

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
Almost all of our 'top guys' are off. This is not good. Probably going to take some time to get going, but you can't really do that if you want to make the playoffs. I think they will turn it around, but they have to do it soon here. 3rd game in 4 nights is always rough, but man. We wasted a good effort by Chad Johnson. Very disappointing.

This is a sickening bull **** tradition in part due to our smug brass. We ****ing blow chunks early in seasons because we **** around getting **** done. **** it pisses me off.

We have to get our **** together some season. Instead our stars lag behind in scoring races, our team gets put behind the 8 ball 3 games in and the fans contemplate other things to do. **** this god damn bull ****.

JagrBomber

Oct 8, 2010
Calgary, Canada
This is a sickening bull **** tradition in part due to our smug brass. We ****ing blow chunks early in seasons because we **** around getting **** done. **** it pisses me off.

We have to get our **** together some season. Instead our stars lag behind in scoring races, our team gets put behind the 8 ball 3 games in and the fans contemplate other things to do. **** this god damn bull ****.

Tell us how you really feel!

:sarcasm:

But yeah, frustrating start to say the least. Not sure what to think about a lot of aspects of the team, on ice, but also including coaching and management.

But at the same time, it's game three. I will hold my tongue until the 10 game mark, ish.

Glad to take a loser point. at the very least lol. Liked Kevin and Kulak though.

Until Tuesday, lads!

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Glad we didn't lose this one outright. I'm interested in how our offensive players looked in a game where by the looks of things, offence was pretty hard to come by.

Other than that, I'm just glad to get this game over with so they can get some practice in before playing some beatable teams. I'm hoping we can get some confidence built up over the next few outings. Take care of business against Buffalo and Carolina, maybe get a few star players a few points, and things will look a lot different than they do now.

Dertell

Jul 14, 2015
No excuse for how the players played, but GG has to learn how to spread the ice time better. Giordano and Brodie nearly an hour in two days (with a huge chunk of it being SH time too). Engelland played too much for his skillset too. They were done in the later part of the 3rd.

Our top forwards minus Backlund/Frolik need to play better as well.

Hamilton's an excellent player but it would be nice if he could control his stick sometime. Would avoid needless penalties.

Positives: Kulak played well so he'll most likely stick and Jokipakka-Hamilton looks like a solid 2nd pair, mess well together. I also like the system they're trying to put in place even if the results aren't there quite yet.

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB

could be worse

you could be a hurricanes fan :laugh:

tough loss tho and also a weird game as well

King1s

Jan 27, 2015
Edmonton
Oilers fan coming in peace.

I know (believe me) that losing hurts but you have a good team and you can't be this unlucky for long! You have one of the best young forwards corps in the leaugue and your defence and goaltending is something that we oilers fans can onöy dream of.

I know you will kick our ***** in the next albertan meeting, but I don't mind too much. I am just happy to see BoA live and well!

Good luck guys!

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I remember once in the 90's Patrick Roy got "scored on" in the same manner, and not only did he get not get a shutout, it also counted against his GAA.

When did this change?
the only way it would have counted against his GAA is if he was on the ice still and hadn't reached the bench

gordonhught

Feb 18, 2009
Oilers fan coming in peace.

I know (believe me) that losing hurts but you have a good team and you can't be this unlucky for long! You have one of the best young forwards corps in the leaugue and your defence and goaltending is something that we oilers fans can onöy dream of.

I know you will kick our ***** in the next albertan meeting, but I don't mind too much. I am just happy to see BoA live and well!

Good luck guys!

Yeah. Good luck Cowgary.

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
the only way it would have counted against his GAA is if he was on the ice still and hadn't reached the bench

I could be wrong, but I remember a game, form I don't even know what year lol, but I remember it happening while Roy was on the bench and the announcer saying that it technically counted against his GAA because leaving the net for a delayed penalty was different than leaving the net under normal circumstances.

Maybe the announcer was wrong, but for w/e reason, I distinctly remember that call even though it was probably 20 years ago haha

Bougieman

Nov 12, 2008
Vancouver
Vancouver fan... I come in peace.

Can you imagine how Miller would have felt -- losing a game where he was in net for the whole thing and didn't allow a goal?

I'm pretty astonished that the Canucks won tonight, I gotta say. We had a few really good defensive shifts, but you certainly don't see many games where a team has one good offensive shift in the ENTIRE GAME, and also scores on its own net -- and still somehow wins. That's nothing short of incredible. Flames really deserved both points.

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
Glad I missed this game (went to a WWE Live event instead).

When I saw on The Score app that Brouwer scored an empty netter in the 1st/2nd I lol'd fairly hard.

Upcoming schedule at least we have a Buffalo team who looks to be devastated by injuries. Then Carolina which is a toss up, then St. Louis twice and Chicago and then all the supposed big teams in our division.

if we don't start picking it up soon our start could mirror some of those 3-15 Oiler starts.

TkachuksMouthguard

Mar 17, 2007
London, UK
Not a good start... at all.

Team looks the same old team they have been in the past few season. Granted its only 3 games, but its easy to get frustrated again.

No possession, no offensive zone pressure, weak zone exits and entries, top players lack confidence, sloppy passes, weak goal... ok goaltending looked a little better tonight.

Still, have to wonder how long this will last. Until this team truly grows their confidence with confident plays, key being possession. Money needs to take that next step in his development if he is to become a true long lasting #1 C in the league. Hopefully Tkachuk and Bennett can take a leap this year and take the pressure away from top line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad