it is what it is
Mar 21, 2010
8d02a07440a164a49ce819698e56e154.gif

Fun team. Good game!

Boomstick

Oct 29, 2003
St. Catharines, Ontario
Visit site
Rooney so far is playing like he did for the Wranglers down the stretch last year. When he does this, he's a good 4th liner.
Training camp is going to be interesting next year. A lot of kids are going to be giving it their all, then Greer and Rooney looking for an everyday spot.
I have no idea what our 12 forwards are going to look like next year game 1.

Reactions: Tofveve

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Training camp is going to be interesting next year. A lot of kids are going to be giving it their all, then Greer and Rooney looking for an everyday spot.
I have no idea what our 12 forwards are going to look like next year game 1.
Greer and Rooney are both UFAs. If Rooney keeps playing well he may actually see himself traded, and teams from the Metro would know how solid he can be from his time in NY. He obviously wouldn't return much, but if he could get us a late pick that'd be nice. Always good to have more bullets in the gun

Reactions: Boomstick

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
That was a hot mess of a game from both teams. Usually we lose those types of games so nice to come out on top.

Great : Marky, not the only reason the Flames won but definitely the main one was the goalie diff. Lot of tough saves, wasn't kicking out many rebounds, just looked dialed.
Hanifin very nice at even strength, I dunno why he seems to struggle on the PP so much. Better be a nice haul if he's traded. Rooney and Duehr thought they were excellent in their role. Kevin Rooney 1st as a Flame :cool: , nice work on the PK as well.

Good : Zary better game than Boston I thought. Nice 2pt night for him. Mangiapane-Backlund-Coleman were all quality. Weegar physical and moving the puck well. The Sharangovich line a little all over the place but were generating chances which I like to see, even if individually I didn't think any of em were anything special.

Not bad : Kadri and Pospisil pretty decent. Really stupid the refs took a Pospisil goal off the board with that shit whistle. Pachal had a nice rush, couple giveaways. Ras doing things offensively but struggled in transition, three or four poor unforced turnovers. Pelletier nice work on the forecheck, some questionable decisions with the puck.

Struggled : Tanev a bit of a rough one I'd say, injured twice and several occasions where he had no idea what to do with the puck in the OZ. Kylington also just not crisp, put just about every pass he made into someone's skates. Messy defensively, which he was far from the only one.

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
My brother in Christ I’m sorry but this is insane
Nah. He’s just been horribly underrated by our fan base and we have a huge contingent of fans who just don’t want to admit they were completely wrong about him. His play of late has been all world

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
My brother in Christ I’m sorry but this is insane
Not that insane.

I won't pump Hanifin's tires the way @Tkachuk Norris does by using terms like all-world but looking at the numbers since the new year, Hanifin is pretty firmly a top 10 defenseman in that time.

Hanifin gets underrated because he's not flashy. He's essentially a modern day Jay Bouwmeester (when he came to Calgary, not when he left). Good at everything, elite at nothing except skating, good size but not overly physical.

Body Checker

Aug 11, 2005
Man one thing I noticed tonight. Timo Meier is invisible.
I don't know why he can't gel with the Devils. Not a good problem to have.

Kuzy's interviews are freaking amazing.
I noticed that too; this is not the Meier of the Sharks that we have here now

Reactions: Boomstick

joescores

Mar 21, 2011
Just had to come back and say:

I LOVE THIS TEAM 😀

N.B. I will probably call them terrible names if they lose v Islanders tomorrow :D

• Love
Reactions: flames23

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad