Confirmed with Link: Flames sign Spencer Foo to 2 year ELC

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
He was at Calgary's development camp a year ago, and put up Kevin Hayes type NCAA numbers last year. Considered a good grinder and playmaker. I imagine he's probably on par with a guy like Klimchuk as a prospect, except he shoots his stick with the other hand. Excited to see more of him next year.

I thought he was the best looking guy we brought last year for dev camp. Scored some nice goals in the scrimmage and looked better than most.

My bet is he makes the team out of camp based on his right shot.

JurassicTunga

it is what it is
Mar 21, 2010
I thought he was the best looking guy we brought last year for dev camp. Scored some nice goals in the scrimmage and looked better than most.

My bet is he makes the team out of camp based on his right shot.

If he does win a spot, maybe something like:
Johnny Gaudreau - Sean Monahan - Micheal Ferland
Matthew Tkachuk - Mikael Backlund - Michael Frolik
Curtis Lazar - Sam Bennett - Spencer Foo
Matt Stajan - Mark Jankowski - Troy Brouwer
?

MonyontheMoney

Apr 5, 2015
Is it reading into it too much that he's wearing a lower number in that photo on the Flames tweet?

Gaudreau - Monahan - Ferland
Frolik - Backlund - Lazar
Tkachuk - Bennett - Foo
Stajan - Jankowski - Brouwer

Calgareee

Jun 29, 2015
Nice. Free second round pick or better essentially.

Gaudreau-Monahan-Ferland
Frolik-Backlund-Foo
Ferland-Bennett-Lazar
Stajan-Jankowski-Brouwer
Hamilton/Hathaway

Would also assume this means Chiasson isn't coming back. Maybe Versteeg too.

Apparently neither is Tkachuk :sarcasm:

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Is it reading into it too much that he's wearing a lower number in that photo on the Flames tweet?

Gaudreau - Monahan - Ferland
Frolik - Backlund - Lazar
Tkachuk - Bennett - Foo
Stajan - Jankowski - Brouwer
It's impossible to say.

Mitts

Jun 29, 2011
Calgary
Congrats guys. The added troll job on Edmonton again (miss you already Hammer) is a nice bonus.

The tears must taste like Ambrosia! Haha.

Hope you guys don't mind, but you guys have a lot of Isles fans rooting for you because of #24. Go Flames!

I'm not gonna lie, all the Isles fans sticking up for Hamonic on the board really showed me how classy their fanbase is on this site, so many fans dump on a player when he leaves town, I only seen one Isles fan dumping on him, I'll be rooting for you guys after the Flames, Isles are now my second fav team.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
Apparently neither is Tkachuk :sarcasm:

:facepalm:

Gaudreau-Monahan-Ferland
Frolik-Backlund-Foo
Tkachuk-Bennett-Lazar
Stajan-Jankowski-Brouwer
Hamilton/Hathaway

The entire right side is kind of interchangeable.

Or more likely

Gaudreau-Monahan-Ferland
Frolik-Backlund-Brouwer
Tkachuk-Bennett-Foo
Stajan-Jankowski-Lazar
Hamilton/Hathaway

Last edited:

Vkonroy

Oct 29, 2014
Calgary
I assume we'll get to see him at the young stars dev camp again, think i'll wait to judge till we can stack him up against some of our other prospects before we start penciling him into some lines.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
If we didn't trade for Lazar, I think he would have a roster spot all but guaranteed. As it stands it's gonna be harder to crack our lineup due to our logjam of meh RWers, even more so if we chase a top line guy in free agency

MonarchFlames

Sep 30, 2016
Nice. Free second round pick or better essentially.

Gaudreau-Monahan-Ferland
Frolik-Backlund-Foo
Ferland-Bennett-Lazar
Stajan-Jankowski-Brouwer
Hamilton/Hathaway

Would also assume this means Chiasson isn't coming back. Maybe Versteeg too.

Why is everyone splitting up Tkahuk-Backlund-Frolik line. And you dont even have Tkachuk in the lineup. LMFAO.

MonarchFlames

Sep 30, 2016
Personally I'd try...

Gaudreau-Monahan-Foo
Tkachuk-Backlund-Frolik (Never change this line until it stops working imo)
Ferland-Bennett-Lazar
Stajan-Jankowski-Brouwer

Aug 3, 2010
Free asset. I doubt he will turn into more than a third-liner if anything at all but I'm always happy to be wrong when it comes to these sorts of things. Hope he has a good training camp at the very least so he can be used as a potential trade chip as well.

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg
Why is everyone splitting up Tkahuk-Backlund-Frolik line. And you dont even have Tkachuk in the lineup. LMFAO.

I've slotted Tkachuk in with Bennett in my mock lineups, because I think he'd really help out that line, and I think Brouwer could fit in on the Backlund line fairly well. His style of play is more suited for it.

Sparky93

Dec 30, 2010
Looks like the kids got a sneaky shot, decent speed and nice set up ability. If a miracle happens and he actually fit with the top line, then I'd go with....

Gaudreau-Monahan-Foo
Jankowski-Backlund-Frolik
Tkachuk-Bennett-Lazar
Ferland-Stajan-Brouwer

Bouma
Hamilton

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I'm willing to split up Tkachuk from Backlund and Frolik because I want to see what he can do away from them. Colborne, Bouma and even Bennett struggled after being moved away from Backlund.

MonarchFlames

Sep 30, 2016
I've slotted Tkachuk in with Bennett in my mock lineups, because I think he'd really help out that line, and I think Brouwer could fit in on the Backlund line fairly well. His style of play is more suited for it.

I mean sure it could help. But the Backlund line was our most consistent line last year if Bennett can step it up and Foo sticks with the Monahan line we could have 3 good lines. I'm hoping that Bennett can step it up next year big time and put up big time points.

MonarchFlames

Sep 30, 2016
I'm willing to split up Tkachuk from Backlund and Frolik because I want to see what he can do away from them. Colborne, Bouma and even Bennett struggled after being moved away from Backlund.

Tkachuk is different tho. And besides Tkachuk was a major reason why that line was as effective as it was. Also he was a reason why Backlund had his best seasons to date. I guess they could try Tkachuk-Bennett-Lazar and then Brouwer-Backlund-Frolik???. It all depends on how Bennett develops and how he shows in training camp and pre-season.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
If Bennett's going to "step it up" he's going to need some actual high end line mates. Ferland's decent but Tkachuk is better. Both would work actually.

Gaudreau-Monahan-Lazar/Foo
Frolik-Backlund-Brouwer/Lazar
Tkachuk-Bennett-Ferland
Stajan-Jankowski-Brouwer/Foo

But like I said, a lot of interchangeability with this roster. Creating lineups is actually kind of pointless because it's a virtual guarantee every right winger on the roster will play on every line at some point in the season.

Last edited:

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg
If Bennett's going to "step it up" he's going to need some actual high end line mates. Ferland's decent but Tkachuk is better. Both would work actually.

Gaudreau-Monahan-Lazar/Foo
Frolik-Backlund-Brouwer/Lazar
Tkachuk-Bennett-Ferland
Stajan-Jankowski-Brouwer/Foo

But like I said, a lot of interchangeability with this roster. Creating lineups is actually kind of pointless but it's a virtual guarantee every right winger on the roster will play on every line at some point on the season.

Gaudreau on 4th line, Bouma on 1st line. #confirmed

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad