Confirmed with Link: Flames sign Louis Domingue

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Wasn't very good in his last 2 yrs in arizona. Was adequate injury fill in for the powerful Tampa
In the 2015-2016 season the Yotes, as usual, didn't have a very good team finishing 24th in league standings. I think a .908 Sv% is quite respectable considering the team he was back stopping.
In his last season with Arizona (2016-2017) the team finished 28th in the league.
A goalies stats are so dependent, in most cases, on the quality of the team playing in front of them.
His brutal season with NJ? Another disaster of a team that finished 26th in the league.

Can't blame a goalie for having terrible stats in a season where the team as a whole sucked.

The long and the short of it is that he's played 6 seasons and in 4 of those seasons he had Sv% of .912, .911, .908, and .908. The other two seasons, on terrible teams, he had Sv% of .892 and 882.

I can live with a goalie like that as a backup to Markstrom. He'll gives the team a chance to win.

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
Parsons was doomed the day the flames drafted him

? Injuries and mental illness were the Flames fault?

Competition in AHL, bullshit, I am 99% positive Tre is trying to trade Rittich and will ride Domingue as our back-up. That would clear $2 million in cap space.

Find a taker for Ryan for a 6th rounder and that's another $3.125 mil.

That is more than enough space for Hall.

Parsons is already injured apparently. I wonder if this is true, the trade will be mid season, not immediately. Domingue in the AHL for a bit and if Rittich is traded, the best between him, Snag Zag and Parsons get some NHL time. The two way attribute of the contract is huge in helping give the Flames options.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002

Parsons is already injured apparently. I wonder if this is true, the trade will be mid season, not immediately. Domingue in the AHL for a bit and if Rittich is traded, the best between him, Snag Zag and Parsons get some NHL time. The two way attribute of the contract is huge in helping give the Flames options.

Nothing to do with parsons issues

The fact that button would not know a good goalie prospect if it bites him in the ass. ..the clearest example was dempko vs macdonald

We have had too many failures to count.

Reactions: GumbyCan2

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014

The fact that button would not know a good goalie prospect if it bites him in the ass. ..the clearest example was dempko vs macdonald

And you do? It's been reported time and time again that the Flames liked Demko, but were scared off because Demko had not just one, but TWO major surgeries prior to being drafted. The same surgeries that basically derailed Gilles.

There are legitimate reasons for not taking that risk. Canucks put in a ton of extra effort on top of taking a bunch of risk to rehab Demko and are enjoying the fruits of that labour.

But in that draft... I've also said it time and time again. Burke screwed us for that draft with overrides and a bad draft philosophy. The Demko thing sucks, but I don't blame management. I do blame them for basically all the picks in the remainder of that draft though.

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012

ahh does anybody know the difference between two goalie prospects in the 2nd round? These are really shots in the dark.
Comes down to things totally unquantifiable by watching them play junior.

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary

Tod Button hasn't been responsible for goaltender scouting in ages. Sigalet and the respective Stockton goalie coach have been the ones to scout, find, advocate for Parsons, Wolf, Rittich, Zagidulin, and now Chechelev.

Parsons was also a helluva goalie prospect. Carried team USA to a WJC gold medal when they were outplayed in their share of games. Led London to a Memorial Cup win. Simply looked awesome before turning pro. Injuries have derailled his career, not a lack of talent. He has every ounce of talent to be a star #1G in the NHL.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Hahaha I strike a nerve again...
You guys don't look good defending the flames drafting record for goalies.

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014

Indeed it did. Alternate opinions is one thing, but constant ignorant posts is just grating and annoying.

Your comment was the latter since we've constantly been talking about the Demko thing for months now and it was confirmed by Burked in interviews and whatnot. It's basically just pure ignorance as at this point to not know Demko was passed over due to serious injury concerns.

GumbyCan2

Jul 7, 2019
Warm & Sunny
Third string goalies are important. You don’t want to have a season go down the tubes if you get an injury to your starter and or backup. Every point matters and so if you can’t count on your 2nd and third string guys to steal those extra points it could mean missing the playoffs. Your pretty ignorant if you don’t understand that. Look at the coyotes last year when they had injuries to their goalie. This guy has starter experience and signed to league minimum. If you don’t think that’s a good signing you are clueless.

And maybe Tre knows resigning Parsons is: either too risky/ not worthy, or, is being difficult to sign. So getting another league minimum goalie who has some nhl games experiencd is wise. Maybe light-the-fire under Rittich to focus harder and bring his best again.

GumbyCan2

Jul 7, 2019
Warm & Sunny
Wasn't very good in his last 2 yrs in arizona. Was adequate injury fill in for the powerful Tampa
Typical pro goalie who is not elite. Lousy out front of you equals more pucks behind you, and more losses than wins, inmost cases. Domingue can be a very good goalie, but he needs a good team in front of him, too. Lousy d-play in front if him probably broke his confidence alot and...resulting in poor numbers.

GumbyCan2

Jul 7, 2019
Warm & Sunny
Maybe? Maybe not. But what I see as a bad trend and bad luck, with drafting goalies fof ghe Flames. Probably best to let others draft and develop their goalies and try to pry a good out of other teams
Hope Wolf-man is not turned into another "dustbuster pick" waste!!

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012

Know how to make people respond to you respectfully and actual have discussions with you on a board.
By not making posts like this.

This is from someone who also believes that Calgary's historical history in drafting goalies has been atrocious. I haven't minded anything we've done 2015 onwards really. A lot to like. Getting Rittich for nothing. Zag looks promising, Wolf looks promising... Parsons looked promising, hopefully the kid can recover and find another gear, a real shame about a true gamer.

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015

With Hall out of the equation the dream is dead.

We're definitely rocking Markstrom/Rittich duo next year which is perfectly fine.

Reactions: Fig

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad