Confirmed with Link: Flames Sign Kenney Morrison

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Oddly enough; pretty much in our top 3-4 defensive prospects now. Great pickup!

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
I only saw a game or two of his awhile back since it was rumored that we were pursuing him heavily. He's a good sized kid that skates well, has a big shot and plays a physical game. You guys scored here at worst he's an AHLer at best he's a top 4 NHL guy that you didn't have to draft or trade for. Hopefully sooner or later all of the mud being kicked in the Oilers eyes from down south will prompt some change up north, but I'm not holding my breath.

Greasefire

Mar 19, 2015
Interesting he didn't demand a spot immediately like Justin Schultz and was ok with heading to the AHL. I'm glad Morrison chose a route where he would be treated respectfully and developed in an environment where he will have a greater chance of being a top-4 dman instead of AHL-fodder.

Kipper933

Remember the Kipper
Jul 10, 2002
Toronto, ON
Visit site
Sounds like an interesting pick-up.

6beb1d9805596b30f743a615bad1770ff2265c34a87de1c803b0aa74343bed9a.jpg

Mr Lebowski

Go Flames
Feb 18, 2014
Toronto
Interesting he didn't demand a spot immediately like Justin Schultz and was ok with heading to the AHL. I'm glad Morrison chose a route where he would be treated respectfully and developed in an environment where he will have a greater chance of being a top-4 dman instead of AHL-fodder.

Well he's not at the same skill level as Schultz

Unlimited Chequing

Christian Yellow
Jan 29, 2009
Calgary, Alberta

I'm sure it wasn't a hard sell. Just show him how well are D are playing this year and tell him, trust us.

Sean Monahan

JIMMIES ARE RUSTLED
Nov 25, 2011
Murrica
love the signing. hope he and tspoon can develop some chemistry to end the season. setting up for a nice camp next year!!

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Oh you know that Weber kid. He's bound to break out anytime know. And that scrub Keith.

:sarcasm:
Being serious though, I don't know much about the Rockets but Weber, Keith, Meyers and Jorges were all with the team when Huska was an assistant coach, so unless he was in charge of the defense (he may have been for all I know) his impact may have been limited.

Kipper933

Remember the Kipper
Jul 10, 2002
Toronto, ON
Visit site
Being serious though, I don't know much about the Rockets but Weber, Keith, Meyers and Jorges were all with the team when Huska was an assistant coach, so unless he was in charge of the defense (he may have been for all I know) his impact may have been limited.

Oddly enough, when those D were on the Kelowna Rockets (w/ the exception of Myers), it was one of their other D, Avalanche prospect Tomas Slovak, that was a runner-up for WHL D of the year.

Weber and Keith made massive strides forward after that season though.

edit: I almost forgot that Luke Schenn was with them in that period too.

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg
**** **** balls damn crap *******s mother****ers ****. We've been apparently in on this kid since before this time last year. **** **** **** ****. I'm more mad that wasting time on him might have cost us a guy like Rantaa. **********. New hated flame #1 after Gaudreau.

Ahem.

Nice signing. Best move for him too. We have quite a logjam brewing on D.

Now I'm even happier about this signing.

Aug 21, 2014

That's true, 3 promising D-men prospects/ NHL'ers directly under Huska's coaching.

Damon Severson, Tyson Barrie and Madison Bowey.

Last edited:

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
That's true, 3 promising D-men prospects/ NHL'ers directly under Huska's coaching.

Damon Severson, Tyson Barrie and Madison Bowey.
Yeah, they are promising. How they develop still remains to be seen. Hopefully he is a big reason for all the defensemen that the Rockets have turned out.

YMCMBYOLO

WEDABEST
Mar 30, 2009
Very happy about this signing, Treliving signed a weakness in this organization: a RH defensive prospect. It adds to the prospect depth and if Morrison doesn't pan out, oh well, we got him for free anyway.

It' d be awesome if the Flames signed Casey Bailey as well.

Master Bill

Congrats, Oilers! (2023)
Nov 9, 2014
Just putting it out there - Morrison played one season with Dekeyser and in that season, which was his rookie year, he had more points than Dekeyser. Not that points dictate their performances but that's pretty exciting considering how good Dekeyser has turned out to be.

That was the same year Dekeyser got signed by Detroit as well.

Aug 21, 2014
Just putting it out there - Morrison played one season with Dekeyser and in that season, which was his rookie year, he had more points than Dekeyser. Not that points dictate their performances but that's pretty exciting considering how good Dekeyser has turned out to be.

That was the same year Dekeyser got signed by Detroit as well.

If he becomes half the player Dekeyser is. Flames have a solid bottom pairing D-man for free.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad