Confirmed with Link: Flames sign Joni Ortio to a two-year deal

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
And in keeping with the trend, no dollar amount disclosed. We'll have to wait for our sources on the ground.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
I like that it is a 2 year deal. Hiller's deal is 2 years as well, so it'll be interesting to see what occurs in a couple of years in between the pipes.

Yung Rotini

6 Summers
May 18, 2013
Penticton, BC
giphy.gif

Taranis

Jul 9, 2013
Nova Scotia
I think it's within the realm of possibility that in one and a half year time one of our goalies whether it be Hiller, Ortio or Ramo (if he's resigned) is moved considering McDonald and Gillies will be wanting a position around that time.

Also it's not necessary to quote in a successive post, as it just takes up more space for no reason.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I think it's within the realm of possibility that in one and a half year time one of our goalies whether it be Hiller, Ortio or Ramo (if he's resigned) is moved considering McDonald and Gillies will be wanting a position around that time.

Also it's not necessary to quote in a successive post, as it just takes up more space for no reason.
it takes the same amount of space if the quoted post and your post are relatively short. since the post take up a minimum amount of space (dependent on if the you have an avatar, location info & such) you also don't know if it will be successive when you type it because someone could easily hit "submit reply" 3 seconds before you do and then suddenly it makes no sense.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
600k cap hit.

Year 1: NHL: 600k, AHL:115k
Year 2: NHL: 600k, AHL: 600k

as per cap geek

danmcd15

Jul 11, 2014
Ramo is UFA after this year. I know Hiller is likely our best option in net but I'd expect Ramo to get a fair opportunity to start quite a few. Depending on performance, I wouldn't be surprised if Ramo was a deadline deal or Hiller a next summer's deal with Ortio on a one way for the 15'16' season. I like that idea. Good asset management; giving Ramo and Hiller a chance to shine with a pipeline of Gillies, McDonald, Ortio waiting for an opportunity.

Wheels of Poirier

Flames in 2016
Mar 21, 2014
Ramo is UFA after this year. I know Hiller is likely our best option in net but I'd expect Ramo to get a fair opportunity to start quite a few. Depending on performance, I wouldn't be surprised if Ramo was a deadline deal or Hiller a next summer's deal with Ortio on a one way for the 15'16' season. I like that idea. Good asset management; giving Ramo and Hiller a chance to shine with a pipeline of Gillies, McDonald, Ortio waiting for an opportunity.

The goaltending scenario has been perfectly structured in Calgary IMO in order to give each of Ramo, Hiller, and Ortio the right amount of incentive/pressure to stake their respective claims moving forward.. Ramo with one year left on a deal to prove his worth, Hiller with a mere two-year window, and Ortio on a one-way for the second of his two years, to keep the pressure on the other guys.. there isn't a lot of time for either of these three to mess around; I'm fairly sure our tandem will be all but set by the end of next season.. and with Gillies and McDonald waiting in the wings, something tells me that goaltending is one position we won't have to worry much about for quite a while..

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
As of now, I'd bet Hiller plays 60%, and Ramo plays 40%. Of course, if the team plays like they did last year, Hartley will ride whoever won the previous game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad