Confirmed with Link: Flames sign Jagr (1YRx$1M + bonuses) EDIT: Assigned to Kladno (Czech)

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
As per previous discussion, he's going to be able to teach all the young players about stealing girls. Swagger +10.

Really like that he chose Calgary among other (less cold city) offers.

Also, I like that we didn't just give him our $X, where X is our remaining cap space. I know we aren't loaded to bear in terms of future assets, but it allows us to make a push at the deadline.

Reactions: Mitts

Bjornar Moxnes

Stem Rødt og Felix Unger Sörum
Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
As per previous discussion, he's going to be able to teach all the young players about stealing girls. Swagger +10.

Really like that he chose Calgary among other (less cold city) offers.

Also, I like that we didn't just give him our $X, where X is our remaining cap space. I know we aren't loaded to bear in terms of future assets, but it allows us to make a push at the deadline.

In 2041-2042, my son Viktor, McDavid's son, Crosby's son, Malkin's son, and Jaromir Jagr will lead the NHL in points ;).

Flameshomer

Likeaholic
Aug 26, 2010
Edmonton
My lineup hope:
Tkachuk-Monahan-Jagr -- heavy, cycle line
Gaudreau-bennett-ferland-- fast skilled line with plenty of grit
Jankowski-backlund-frolik-- the mentors get another rookie
Versteeg-stajan-brouwer/lazar- the old guys, should match up well on a fourth line

Bjornar Moxnes

Stem Rødt og Felix Unger Sörum
Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
My lineup hope:
Versteeg-stajan-brouwer/lazar- the old guys, should match up well on a fourth line

Versteeg on fourth line LW? Totally not a recipe for disaster :sarcasm:!

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
My lineup hope:

Perhaps eventually. But I think Gulutzan is unwilling to totally shake things up before opening night. Any tinkering will come about because what they're starting with isn't working.

Kipper933

Remember the Kipper
Jul 10, 2002
Toronto, ON
Visit site
DH4_c-HXoAEQVvJ.jpg

Reactions: Cyrano

Janks

Pope Janks
Jan 7, 2010
Calgary
Pretty stoked on the signing, not gonna lie. I think Bennett and Ferly will benefit most from this, learning how to truly cycle like an elite player like Jags.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Pretty stoked on the signing, not gonna lie. I think Bennett and Ferly will benefit most from this, learning how to truly cycle like an elite player like Jags.
I would say Tkachuk is our best board player right now, so hopefully he can get even better, too.

Reactions: Flameshomer

Janks

Pope Janks
Jan 7, 2010
Calgary
I would say Tkachuk is our best board player right now, so hopefully he can get even better, too.
Completely agree - I think Tkachuk is already very very good in this aspect, so I don't think he takes away as much as Bennett and Ferland will. Regardless - I'm very excited to see this team play. I hope the $1M for Jagr is a good investment to teach the kids how to play like top 10 all-time players.

Dack

Jun 16, 2014
Hathaway and Gazdic were just put on waivers, Hamilton wasn't. Doesnt this mean that assuming Jankowski stays up (It would go against everything the Flames preach to send him down) that we either aren't signing Glass (Had a great preseason but he's been the defacto worst player in the NHL for years) or there will be a trade (Stajan to the pens?)

Or maybe they are waiting until even later to try and sneak Lazar down.

Anyways this is a great value signing I've wanted Jagr all summer and had begun to think that it wasn't happening.

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
Possibly my favorite free agent signing of all time and it's for a player who is 45 years old.

Really excited to see Jagr play in a Flames jersey and to see what our young kids can learn from him.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Lines I want to see:

Gaudreau-Monahan-Ferland
Tkachuk-Backlund-Frolik
Versteeg-Bennett-Jagr
Stajan-Jankowski-Brouwer
Lazar
F Hamilton

1st PP
Gaudreau-Monahan-Ferland-Tkachuk-D Hamilton

2nd PP
Versteeg-Bennett-Jagr-Backlund-Giordano

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
The legend lives on! How could anyone hate signing Jagr? He's a production machine. Our top 9 looks so much better now.

He'll get the Flames a new arena deal by Christmas.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad