Prospect Info: Flames sign Austin Carroll to ELC

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
I wonder if we were using that contract spot for Baun first, and when we found out that Chicago was signing him, we decided to use it on Austin.

Aug 21, 2014
resized_joseph-ducreux-meme-generator-huzzah-you-have-secured-an-occcupation-for-a-gentleman-02f62f.jpg

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Carroll had to be signed this spring or would have become a UFA I do believe.

It might be the same with Hunter Smith as well.

Aug 3, 2010
[nhl]790783[/nhl]

This contract is going to be an anchor. Unreal cap hit. Thanks Burke. :facepalm: :sarcasm:

Last edited:

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Treliving seems to like Carroll a fair bit, he's probably a loooong shot to ever become a Bouma type regular in the show, but he has the tools. I'll be interested to see how he progresses, seems like a character guy. I've seen parts of a couple of Vic games this year and he definitely stands out.

Aug 3, 2010
I wonder if we were using that contract spot for Baun first, and when we found out that Chicago was signing him, we decided to use it on Austin.

I doubt that very much.

Why?

It's Carroll's birthday today.
Definitely a planned move regardless of UFA movement/signings.

Kanye

Life of Pablo
Feb 25, 2012
Chicago
I doubt that very much.

Why?

It's Carroll's birthday today.
Definitely a planned move regardless of UFA movement/signings.

That just seems like a typical Calgary class move.

Knowing you're gonna sign the kid, so why not sign him on his birthday. Guarantee that made his day 1000 times better.

tyflames

Jul 4, 2010
I don't think there's many players that put up over a point per game and the kind of penalty minutes he has. Still a long way to go but I like the pick in the 7th round and hopefully one day he turns in to a good player for us.

Aug 3, 2010
I don't think there's many players that put up over a point per game and the kind of penalty minutes he has. Still a long way to go but I like the pick in the 7th round and hopefully one day he turns in to a good player for us.

We actually have a few prospects like that.

Without looking at their stat sheets right now but when Poirier and Bennett were drafted, like Carroll, it was noted that they were point-producing penalty-takers.

Now, 3 out of a group of 25-40 prospects or whatever might not seem like much, but it's very clear that the Flames do value Lucic-style players who play hard and score well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad