Prospect Info: Flames select Zach Fischer at #140

Status
Not open for further replies.

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
I feel like this is Hunter Smith 2.0 in which case is a waste. Still only a 5th rounder though.

Tiger Trauma

Sep 5, 2006
Medicine Hat
old.reddit.com
I don't think this is an odd pick at all. Fischer was behind in the Tigers depth chart and had some unlucky injuries early in his career.

2 seasons ago he had something like 13 points in 32 games and 10 of them came in the last 10 games after he was promoted to the top line..which is why he wasn't even on the draft radar at all.

Last season he exploded, becoming one of the premier power forwards in the whl.
He has a controlled feistynes to his game. He is aggressive and takes numbers but waits until a prime opportunity to lay down his revenge.

He is very poised and patient with the puck. His size allows him to be aggressive keeping control of the puck, or laying out a big hit. He was pretty much the Tigers enforcer last season and still put up a point per game.
He is still a bit raw, but their is a really good deal of potential in him. I think he was on a lot of teams lists to get picked in the later rounds. He went from a 4th liner to the top line in a matter of 10 games and kept that up this past season. I look forward to him becoming a dominant player next season for the Tigers, and I kinda hope the flames don't try to sign him for the AHL.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Speaking of Hunter, how's he doing in the AHL?
He had a pretty solid year until he was injured down the stretch. He's very good defensively, on the PK and physically. I think he will have a really good year this coming season.

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
I don't think this is an odd pick at all. Fischer was behind in the Tigers depth chart and had some unlucky injuries early in his career.

2 seasons ago he had something like 13 points in 32 games and 10 of them came in the last 10 games after he was promoted to the top line..which is why he wasn't even on the draft radar at all.

Last season he exploded, becoming one of the premier power forwards in the whl.
He has a controlled feistynes to his game. He is aggressive and takes numbers but waits until a prime opportunity to lay down his revenge.

He is very poised and patient with the puck. His size allows him to be aggressive keeping control of the puck, or laying out a big hit. He was pretty much the Tigers enforcer last season and still put up a point per game.
He is still a bit raw, but their is a really good deal of potential in him. I think he was on a lot of teams lists to get picked in the later rounds. He went from a 4th liner to the top line in a matter of 10 games and kept that up this past season. I look forward to him becoming a dominant player next season for the Tigers, and I kinda hope the flames don't try to sign him for the AHL.

Cool! Thanks for the info. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad