Recalled/Assigned: Flames recall Michael Ferland

herashak

Mar 24, 2013
For most teams this is a mcdavid guarentee but the rookies might make us play better.

Wheels of Poirier

Flames in 2016
Mar 21, 2014
At first I was like...

nod-of-approval.gif

but then...

guy_surprised_face.gif

Exactly this.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
For most teams this is a mcdavid guarentee but the rookies might make us play better.

I agree. As long as the vets aren't gone for too long, this could be a good thing.

It's not like we're throwing in guys who are going to be over their heads. Both of these guys will fit in at the NHL level.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
So Monahan, Granlund, Byron and Bouma down the middle? This is going to get ugly; Monahan was still the most sheltered centre this season.

Good for Ferland though. Now all we need is an injury to Glencross so Baertschi can come up. :sarcasm:

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
So Monahan, Granlund, Byron and Bouma down the middle? This is going to get ugly; Monahan was still the most sheltered centre this season.

Good for Ferland though. Now all we need is an injury to Glencross so Baertschi can come up. :sarcasm:

I wouldn't be too sarcastic about that, that could very well happen :laugh:

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Woops sorry for wanting one of my favourite players to be called up, I must sure want to tank

You've let us all down with your selfishness. :shakehead

Realistically, Sven has shown a 200ft game. In training camp. Very few of us can comment on his 200ft game in Adirondack so far, because very few of us have been watching. :dunno:

Semoner403

Feb 20, 2006
calgary
Nobody likes to see injuries, but hey. Gaudreau, jooris, granlund, ferland all up playing real nhl games for what looks like extended periods of time. There's a silver lining. Glad it's happening early before the games potentially become more meaningless.

And yes I'm still on the pro baertschi side of things. Hoping he gets a lengthy shot. Put him back up with the big boys will motivate em. He's earned it. Guess it's a what have you don't for me lately situation, but that goes both ways. I really wanna see him back up with the big club one more time. If it doesn't work out, move em before he becomes a wasted asset. The flames have been great at managing young assets the last few years, would hate for baertschi to be the one mistake.

And hey, this gets really bad we could see janko? (Edit: I'm obviously kidding) These boards would crash with janko, baertschi and janko all playing nhl games. Haters would destroy Hf

Dack

Jun 16, 2014
Murphy's law is an adage or epigram that is typically stated as: Anything that can go wrong will go wrong

Monahan has actually been really good Imo he is winning half of his faceoffs and it looks like his two way game is starting to translate. Hopefully he doesn't have too play first line center for long.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Woops sorry for wanting one of my favourite players to be called up, I must sure want to tank
You should feel bad for being a horrible person.

for reals tho, if people actually thought you were supporting a tank I would be the first to tear you a new one lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad