Recalled/Assigned: Flames recall Markus Granlund

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
A little OT, but what number will Granlund be? 26? Because I thought Wotherspoon had dibs on that number?

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
A little OT, but what number will Granlund be? 26? Because I thought Wotherspoon had dibs on that number?

He'll probably be in his training camp #60. Jooris hasn't been given a lower number after his call-up. I think the number thing only applies to the opening night players.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
That's odd. I don't remember creating this thread. :D

Anyway, looking forward to see what Granlund can do. If he can build on his performance from last year, I think he can stick for the rest of the season.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Kind of off-topic but man, that avatar is totally bang on. I think it's recognizable even without the name-bar. And the earpiece is so perfect.

II didn't add the ear piece, so I asked him :). Credit to him, these Lego Avatar's are awesome.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
That's odd. I don't remember creating this thread. :D

Anyway, looking forward to see what Granlund can do. If he can build on his performance from last year, I think he can stick for the rest of the season.

There's a reason they call me Titanius "Fast-Fingers" Anglesmith.

Yes they do.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Jooris and Granlund need to be called the Diva line.

High numbers. :shakehead

No kidding. Our third line is going to be all about the selfishness.

Did you see Montreal last night, though? Probably the most selfish team in the league:

Subban, Pacioretty, Markov, Eller, Desharnais, Gilbert, Emelin, Weaver... that's a lot of guys who think they're better than the team.

May 27, 2012
Earth
star-trek-nodding.gif

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
I expected he would be the one called up, and deservedly so. Awesome, hopefully he comes up and contributes.

If Jones keeps up his play and stays healthy, you gotta think Seto's days could be numbered. To many forwards, I wouldn't mind cutting some dead weight. Seto hasn't been bad by any stretch, but he hasn't done anything to stand out either, he's just been okay. For a rebuilding team, I would rather see what we have internally.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Here's to hoping we get the better Granny!

Always loved this pick, he's proving he is a high calibre prospect.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad