Confirmed with Link: Flames re-sign Michael Stone [3 yrs, 3.5m]

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
Fair cap hit, maybe one year too long.

Defense is all kinds of stacked but gotta be discouraging for Andersson and Fox unless Gulutzan relaxes his lefty-righty philosophy.

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
I'm okay with it. Cap hit is a little higher than I would have liked, but something to be said about having good injury depth that we know can slide into our top 4 if needed.

Whelmed indeed.

Rangediddy

The puck was in
Oct 28, 2011
This is Treliving giving the team 3 years to compete for a cup. I like the commitment and aggressiveness.

chunkylover53

Nov 26, 2013
Eh, a bit too much for comfort. I think he'll be in trade block in a year when other guys are coming up. 3.5 for bottom pairing dman. Don't we also surrender a 5th?

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Pretty good cap hit. Not too often you'll find a guy his age willing to take a pay cut. Would be an easy contract to trade if you want to go to a different way.

Treliving has made this offseason his *****.

Dertell

Jul 14, 2015
I don't want to react too strongly but this is really stupid. That's all I'm going to say.

the people with a Nuancedâ„¢ approach can "it's actually fair and good" this one

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
Eh, a bit too much for comfort. I think he'll be in trade block in a year when other guys are coming up. 3.5 for bottom pairing dman. Don't we also surrender a 5th?

Having a #4D (a legitimate one like Stone) is a huge luxury though. It's also important to keep in mind injuries are a thing, and most of the time we will only have 4 of the top 5 healthy. Having Stone able to step in on the middle pairing is huge.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
Not bad at all, he can take his rightful spot on the third pairing and help Kulak along which will be great.

Defence lookin' kinda stacked now.

Mr Snrub

I like the way Snrub thinks!
Oct 12, 2016
Very expensive for a #6. This contract is probably a burden/very difficult to offload in a year or two when we're trying to get some ELCs on the bottom pairing.

If we aren't bottom ten in goals allowed next year this team has no excuse.

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
I don't want to react too strongly but this is really stupid. That's all I'm going to say.

the people with a Nuancedâ„¢ approach can "it's actually fair and good" this one

yea-k.gif

Good depth is not a bad thing.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
Having a #4D (a legitimate one like Stone) is a huge luxury though. It's also important to keep in mind injuries are a thing, and most of the time we will only have 4 of the top 5 healthy. Having Stone able to step in on the middle pairing is huge.

Which is undoubtedly what Treliving was thinking after moving the 2018 first rounder. Nothing more embarrassing than having the Islanders win one of the lottery spots with Calgary's first.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary

I know Meth will hate this, but we have the best D core in the league now. Dougie and Brodie are stars, Gio is a horse that can score and brings all sorts of intangibles with some bite, Hamonic is a shutdown D that can bang, Stone is steady, plays hard, and has a bomb. This is very exciting and I'm sure Smith is ecstatic.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
I know Meth will hate this, but we have the best D core in the league now. Dougie and Brodie are stars, Gio is a horse that can score and brings all sorts of intangibles with some bite, Hamonic is a shutdown D that can bang, Stone is steady, plays hard, and has a bomb. This is very exciting and I'm sure Smith is ecstatic.

I'm hesitant to call it the best but I have to believe it's at least a top 5 defense now. Giordano, Brodie, Hamonic, Hamilton, Stone is an amazing top 5.

MonyontheMoney

Apr 5, 2015
Very expensive for a #6. This contract is probably a burden/very difficult to offload in a year or two when we're trying to get some ELCs on the bottom pairing.

If we aren't bottom ten in goals allowed next year this team has no excuse.

We got a low end 4 to play as our 5. At 3.5 he will not be hard to move if Andersson or another prospect deserve the spot in a couple years.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
I like it. Term and cap are both fair. Allows them to spread out minutes and gives insurance on defense.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad