Confirmed with Link: Flames re-sign Curtis Lazar (2 years, $950k per)

WadeRedden

Feb 24, 2016
Well, all I heard is that he had opportunities in Ottawa and just didn't capitalize on them. I am hoping he can get goin' here.

Lazar got plenty of opportunities in Ottawa but was never able to take advantage of them. He's a hard worker and doesn't turn the puck over in stupid spots but his offensive game is predictable and one-dimensional which really limits his production. He's only able to score if he's within 3 feet of the net and doesn't have the vision to set up teammates. I think you guys will be really happy if he ends up being a 10g-20a third-liner for 4 or 5 years. That's his ceiling imo, which is fine considering you only gave up 2nd to get him.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Wouldn't hate seeing a Bash Brothers line of:

Tkachuk - Lazar - Ferland
6'2 202 - 6'0 209 - 6'2 208

Be a frustrating line for sure!

I really think Chucky needs to be put in a position to continue to trend up. I'd like him in the top 6. Whether that's on Backs' wing again or on a line with Bennett.

Gaudreau - Monahan - Ferland
Tkachuk - Backlund - Frolik
Versteeg - Bennett - Lazar
Jankowski - Stajan - Brouwer
F. Hamilton

Wish You Were Here

Mar 14, 2015
Calgary, Alberta
I agree.
Bennett between Tkachuk and Ferland (if he doesn't stick with SM & JG) should be a solid line.

If MF does stick on the first line, I'd try Brouwer on the RW with Bennett & Tkachuk. My alternate vision for Brouwer is moving Frolik to LW and Brouwer takes the RW on Backlund's line. I absolutely do not want to pay TB $4.5M to play on the 4th line.

If Jankowski shows that he is ready for the NHL, I'd try him on LW with Backlund & Frolik for a season. That mentoring could be very valuable. Either that or start him at 4C and move Stajan to 4LW.

If Lazar sticks and Jankowski doesn't, I may be tempted to try a similar scenario, Lazar at 4C, Stajan at 4LW.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Basically writing off what he has done so far.

A fresh start with a contract similar to ELC. I am not convinced he is anything but a support player but that's good enough for what the Flames paid for him

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad