Prospect Info: Flames re-sign Ben Hanowski

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
wonder what the dollars are. interesting that under Feaster and Burke they would release the numbers in the press release, the Flames have not been doing that under Treliving.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
I do not like dislike Hanowski, but I really don't see a fit for him long term on the Flames. We have a so many guys that are currently ahead of him or just have more potential. Plus, Burliving went out and signed several other bottom 6 players this offseason. I actually like his chances of becoming a regular NHL player and in the near future, but I don't see it with the Flames. My wish is for him and us, is that we move him for comparable dman. I really believe it would be best for him long term as I think he should be in the NHL by next season.

SmellOfVictory

Jun 3, 2011
wonder what the dollars are. interesting that under Feaster and Burke they would release the numbers in the press release, the Flames have not been doing that under Treliving.

Interesting/annoying. What do they stand to gain from delaying people's knowledge of the numbers for a couple of days?

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
According to cap geek 850,500 in NHL, 67,500 in AHL.
that means Hanowski simply accepted his qualifying offer. His salary in 2013-14 was 810,000. A 5% increase is exactly 850,500.

Interesting that he didn't negotiate a better AHL salary at the expense of some NHL dollars. If I were Hanowski I would have offered to take 600-650k in exchange for a 100-125k AHL salary

FLAMESFAN

Feb 27, 2002
He's probably hoping for an extended stint with the Flames during the year which would be a substantial raise from his AHL salary.
Personally I think we would have to be going thru quite the injury bug for that to happen, but I'm sure he feels different ;)

SmellOfVictory

Jun 3, 2011
that means Hanowski simply accepted his qualifying offer. His salary in 2013-14 was 810,000. A 5% increase is exactly 850,500.

Interesting that he didn't negotiate a better AHL salary at the expense of some NHL dollars. If I were Hanowski I would have offered to take 600-650k in exchange for a 100-125k AHL salary

Yeah, especially on a one year deal. Even if he thinks he'll be able to make the NHL full time, he's got to realize he has a ways to go before that would happen.

May 27, 2012
Earth
I really hope he turns out to be like a Callahan type of player. I don't think he'll hit as much, but other than that I think they are pretty similar including their offensive abilities.

He can't be Callahan type player and not hit. He plays a way different game if he doesn't hit as much, he compares to other players other than Callahan.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
He can't be Callahan type player and not hit. He plays a way different game if he doesn't hit as much, he compares to other players other than Callahan.

You have a point, but I still stand by my comments. He's a high energy player that's constantly in pursuit of the puck and relentless when he doesn't have it. And just because he may not be finishing as many checks as Callahan, doesn't mean he's not making a similar impact on the ice. And I do think Agostino plays a physical game, I'm just not sure if he's going to be one of the hit leaders in the NHL.

From what I've seen of him, his style is quite similar. He may become more aggressive as his strength improves too.

GetThePuckOut

Mar 8, 2010
Calgary
Hanowski hasn't shown too much in the NHL, but I've seen some Abbotsford games and was really impressed with his offensive abilities. He's an underrated player for sure.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
I don't really see him sticking with us ever. I also like Agostino more tbh, though niether are really that good imo

Yeah.
This kind of stings from that Iggy trade. Neither Kenny or Hano have high end potential outside of bottom 6 role-players. Really blows. I love that we got Klimchuk out of the deal; and I think this year, he demonstrates his next level of play... but the two prospects we got out of Pittsburgh weren't anything special, by any means.

Oh well, congrats to Hano on the signing, hope he can keep getting faster and stronger; make an NHLer out of himself... Or in 5 years him or Agostino will be the Corey Millen's of this trade.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad