Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Flames prospect rankings: #13

1. Matthew Tkachuk (73.81%)
2. Jon Gillies (54.00%)
3. Mark Jankowski (54.39%)
4. Oliver Kylington (45.95%:tiebreaker:61.54%)
5. Hunter Shinkaruk (60.98%)
6. Rasmus Andersson (52.17%)
7. Emile Poirier (35.00%:tiebreaker:59.52%)
8. Brandon Hickey (37.50%:tiebreaker:56.76%)
9. Andrew Mangiapane (44.19%)
10. Morgan Klimchuk (26.92%:tiebreaker:51.28%)
11. Brett Kulak (36.17%)
12. Mason McDonald (32.5%:tiebreaker:37.50%)

Run-off rules:
• If first and second place are separated by a number of votes less than or equal to the number of votes for third place, a run-off vote will take place.
• If first and third are separated by a number of votes less than the number of all other votes, a three-way run-off vote will take place.
• Rules are subject to change due to common sense at all times.

MonyontheMoney

Apr 5, 2015
This is Wotherspoon for me. I think he should be maybe slightly higher, as I believe his ceiling is greater than most posters. I have no problem seeing him perhaps become a good #4, given a chance. He's showed, although limited sample-size, that he is good enough to be a #5/6 right now.

MonyontheMoney

Apr 5, 2015
Wotherspoon should definitely be ahead of Pollock IMO. At this point Wotherspoon is at worst a #5/6 defenceman, with the potential to be a solid #4.

Pollock's ceiling is probably a 2nd line forward, but he's WAY more of an uncertainty when it comes to even playing in the NHL.

I'd say a top 4 defenceman and top 6 forward are roughly the same upside, Wotherspoon just comes with way less risk.

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
Wotherspoon should definitely be ahead of Pollock IMO. At this point Wotherspoon is at worst a #5/6 defenceman, with the potential to be a solid #4.

Pollock's ceiling is probably a 2nd line forward, but he's WAY more of an uncertainty when it comes to even playing in the NHL.

I'd say a top 4 defenceman and top 6 forward are roughly the same upside, Wotherspoon just comes with way less risk.

I think the thing about Wotherspoon is he's an old toy at this point. He was drafted in 2011, and everyone else we drafted that year outside of Brossoit is arguably ahead of him in progress so far.

We've seen glimpses, and many will argue we've seen too little based upon those glimpses, but it's do or die time. 5 years since he was drafted, he's gotta have a strong camp to prove he's got an NHL future at this point.

I genuinely believe he will, but despite not playing our usual 65 game cut off point, he's not going to be a prospect post training camp one way or another really. Either because he's made the team, claimed on waivers or because he's been passed in the organization and will either be moved or just let go at the end of next season.

Granted, the latter of those I don't foresee happening short of a really, really bad camp.

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
Parsons for me. Dube, Tulo, Pribyl, Pollock, 'Spoon still good options.

Last edited:

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I agree, Dont know why some people always seem down on him.
3 Reasons.

1. He's not a new toy.
2. After seeing NHL games in his first pro season people expected too much of him.
3. Most importantly he hasn't progressed alot the last 2 seasons. When I watched the Heat play this past season I did not see much of an improvement over the previous season. I like the kid, but his game has seemed to stall a bit. This season he should have been able to take the reigns of being on the top pairing and run with it but was constantly outplayed by Nakladal, Stevenson and sometimes Kulak.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
200.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3