Proposal: Flames / Preds

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
People can lie... it is the internet after all.

Also hockey gets people emotional. I've had to learn to calm that part of me at times lol.

Lets test the calming. Brady Skjei is a cap dump!!

Jokes aside, yes some people take themselves or this place far too seriously

Reactions: super6646

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
To: Nashville

Sam Bennett
Michael Frolik (2 million retention)

To: Calgary

Mikael Granlund
3rd Round Pick
Hox, Flames don't have the cap space for this. Granlund makes 5.75m and more than a million more than we would be shipping out, we are already in LTIR and only have 700k of it left. It would make way more sense to just take out the extras (retention & the pick). The Flames would save about a million in cap space, which would be as valuable as the pick IMO.

I do however think Granlund would be a good fit here, much better than he is in Nashville.

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

predfan24

Jul 12, 2006
Bennett is more of what we have a surplus of. Not interested in Frolik. Easy pass

Nanuuk

Nov 16, 2013
Calgary, Alberta
To: Nashville

Sam Bennett
Michael Frolik (2 million retention)

To: Calgary

Mikael Granlund
3rd Round Pick
The math isn't working for me. Calgary retains 2M of Frolik's salary and then takes on Granlund's 5.75? That'd be 7.75 less Bennett's 2.55 taking us to a net increase of 5.2M. Nashville has about 4M of cap space, Calgary has about 719K (until players return).

I'd be inclined to send Jankowski and Frolik (no retention) for Granlund and a 3rd.

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
Sam Bennett is a perfect example of improper development of a young player. When he was drafted everyone thought the guy was going to be a top 6 guy. He was pushed into the league before he was ready and now is looked at as a failure. No team picks a player at 4 if they do not have potential. In this case blame the team not the player.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Sam Bennett is a perfect example of improper development of a young player. When he was drafted everyone thought the guy was going to be a top 6 guy. He was pushed into the league before he was ready and now is looked at as a failure. No team picks a player at 4 if they do not have potential. In this case blame the team not the player.

He was pacing like 40 points as a rookie. Hard to say 'this kid isn't ready' when he's doing something like that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad