Speculation: Flames Planning on Targeting Trouba Saturday

LaffyTaffy13

May 10, 2022
Been way too many rumblings about this for there not to be something here.

At the very least I think it wouldnt be a horrible idea to bring up Rempe or Cuylle for just one game and sit phantom jake. It looks like the flames want to mix it up and we need one more willing guy in the lineup in case things go sideways. Its a totally irrelevant game for us and its not like Jake is even an nhl caliber player

• Haha
Reactions: EdJovanovski

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
Been way too many rumblings about this for there not to be something here.

At the very least I think it wouldnt be a horrible idea to bring up Rempe or Cuylle for just one game and sit phantom jake. It looks like the flames want to mix it up and we need one more willing guy in the lineup in case things go sideways. Its a totally irrelevant game for us and its not like Jake is even an nhl caliber player

Lucic = Soft Bitch. Trouba can handle himself. My concern is Lucic starts going after our stars. Maybe they dress 7 D and have Harpur's beef in there instead of Jake L.

LaffyTaffy13

May 10, 2022
Lucic = Soft Bitch. Trouba can handle himself. My concern is Lucic starts going after our stars. Maybe they dress 7 D and have Harpur's beef in there instead of Jake L.
Thats my concern, they target our stars. Thats why I want to call up Rempe/cuylle for this one. Especially rempe. Jake sucks anyway. Rempe would know his roll.

Reactions: NYROrtsFan

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
Thats my concern, they target our stars. Thats why I want to call up Rempe/cuylle for this one. Especially rempe. Jake sucks anyway. Rempe would know his roll.

It will never happen because Sather isnt pulling the strings anymore but all Ive heard about Rempe makes me think hed be dying for a shot to fight Lucic.

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
The other thing I'll add is that the Rangers shouldnt really be making roster moves to defend themselves from a potential slugfest. The team needs to learn to defend itself without a nuclear deterrent. Team toughness will be tested, which is good, because we'll know where we stand in that regard before the deadline.

cheech70

Oct 26, 2013
NNJ
The other thing I'll add is that the Rangers shouldnt really be making roster moves to defend themselves from a potential slugfest. The team needs to learn to defend itself without a nuclear deterrent. Team toughness will be tested, which is good, because we'll know where we stand in that regard before the deadline.
Team Toughness Rank
Trouba
Harpoon
Mikkala
Barclay
Kreider
Goat
Kam
Brandon

Lots of so so toughness...need to add a big one @ TDL

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
Team Toughness Rank
Trouba
Harpoon
Mikkala
Barclay
Kreider
Goat
Kam
Brandon

Lots of so so toughness...need to add a big one @ TDL

Agreed. But if this game gets out of hand, Kreider needs to step in and do what he used to do with more regularity. I know he's playing hurt but so was Trouba when he was trying to kill the entire Blackhawks team. Strongest guy pound for pound on the ice whenever he's on it. Ive liked what Ive seen from K'Andre recently as well, he's developing the nastiness we all wanted.

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
Flames offseason moves haven't panned out as expected.

Flames don't scare anyone. I've got chunks of guys like them in my stool.

• Wow
Reactions: FUZfan and leetch99

Kords

Jun 19, 2019
Flames' ship be sinking, focusing anywhere but winning the game only gonna make things worse.
I'd ignore that tough-talk blather, Sutter knows the 3 hits were are fair.
Beat me to it, but pretty much this. Unless the Rangers start to overtly embarrass them and the Flames are down big they will be focusing on winning a practically must win game for them

And if they do try and get tough, the Rangers have shown they are tougher.

I've really only seen Marek banging this war drum. Think he's just trying to will it into existence.

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
Trouba already answered the bell. Makes no sense they would target him again. The move should be to come out and hit the Rangers hard as a team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad