GDT: Flames @ Penguins, 5:00 MT Nov 25 SNET-W

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Transition looks so much better with Brodie. I hope brad isn’t stupid and keeps hamonic over him. It’s so much more obvious at this point, and I wouldn’t believe it a mere 2 years ago.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Transition looks so much better with Brodie. I hope brad isn’t stupid and keeps hamonic over him. It’s so much more obvious at this point, and I wouldn’t believe it a mere 2 years ago.

Hamonic is a different kind of dman. He was supposed to add toughness. Unfortunately, the main tough defense he provides is to block shots with his face.

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
I wouldn’t believe it a mere 2 years ago.

2 years ago when Brodie was unfairly almost everyone's whipping boy we were 35-28-10 before Brodie got concussed. Mediocre, but still gunning for a playoff spot.

We went 1-7-0 in the next 8 games with Brodie out. We might have made the playoffs that year if Reeves doesn't take TJ out, as Brodie was playing his best hockey around that time of year.

Similar story here. What was our record with Brodie out?

JGaudreau

Oct 9, 2015
Best period of the season I've seen. By driving the net they created as many chances in 1 game as in the past 5 games. They were also supporting the breakout instead of forcing it.

Brodie's return seems to have the boys playing looser and more simple. Less pulling up and bobbling the puck. Just have to limit the useless blind backhand passes to nobody.

Reactions: Mobiandi

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
TJ Brodie is a mobile Dman that loves handling the puck and plays fast. They don't exactly grow on trees and I hope Treliving stops trying to move him

Yup. Incredibly dumb he is trying to bend over to keep hammer and dish Brodie off to whatever. I hope he retires a flame.

Reactions: Calculon

OvermanKingGainer

Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
TJ Brodie is a mobile Dman that loves handling the puck and plays fast. They don't exactly grow on trees and I hope Treliving stops trying to move him

Something people always forget is that having a guy like Brodie on the top pairing makes the game easier for the other pairs. Correct me if I'm wrong but the top pair was on the ice the shift prior to the Dube goal and finished their shift forcing an offensive zone faceoff for the Ryan line + Andersson pair.

JGaudreau

Oct 9, 2015
Call me crazy but I'd love to see Brodie and Hanifin play together. Maybe some powerplay, Gio is regressing while Hanifin is steadily progressing.

OvermanKingGainer

Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
Call me crazy but I'd love to see Brodie and Hanifin play together. Maybe some powerplay, Gio is regressing while Hanifin is steadily progressing.

I think Valimaki is a better partner for Brodie.

Valimaki - Brodie
Kylington - Andersson
Old Gio - Hanifin

Fwiw though I think Gio's still capable of finding another gear this year, when the whole team gets going so will he.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad