GDT: Flames @ Panthers in a Saturday matinee (2 p.m. MT/Sportsnet)

Yepthatsme

Oct 25, 2020
Pretty easy to rationalize this games result. Team super excited by the deadline to see who they’d be adding for a run plays the team who just said goodbye to their closest friends/worried if they may get traded too. Pretty easy to see why the vets struggled pretty badly in this game.

In a positive note, gotta be excited to see Miromanov play 19 minutes in his first game as a Flame, management and our coaching staff obviously think we have a player here. Will reserve judgement on him until next season, takes players time to adjust to a new team and he’s probably closer to “good enough to play” than he is to 100% after his ACL injury. Think we will get to see the real him after an offseason of training and a training camp.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Time to run a 3-headed goalie monster for a while. Let’s see what Wolf can do in some of our remaining 19 games
He not playing that well right now, let him get his shit together in the AHL and start fresh next year

Yepthatsme

Oct 25, 2020
Time to run a 3-headed goalie monster for a while. Let’s see what Wolf can do in some of our remaining 19 games
4 of our 6 defenseman have played a combined 32 games as a Flame this season. I’d rather not risk ruining his confidence while this all normalizes, the backup crease is his to lose going into next season and that’s a great place for him to start again.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
He not playing that well right now, let him get his shit together in the AHL and start fresh next year
4 of our 6 defenseman have played a combined 32 games as a Flame this season. I’d rather not risk ruining his confidence while this all normalizes, the backup crease is his to lose going into next season and that’s a great place for him to start again.
There is zero pressure. He won’t bust if he plays 3-6 games

Reactions: crackdown44

crackdown44

Cold milk cools down hot food
Dec 1, 2017
I agree with calling up Wolf. After this three game stretch of Carolina, Colorado, Vegas I’d do it. Not like the team is going to be much better if any better next year anyway

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I never said it would make him bust, but calling him up would very possibly end the Wranglers playoff chances, and giving him and our other prospects a shot at winning the Calder Cup. They're falling fast in the AHL Pacific.

Yepthatsme

Oct 25, 2020
Not saying it’ll cause him to bust, but in the most mental position in maybe all of sports I’d really rather not risk messing with his head with some of the shellings we are going to get the rest of this season. Kid had a 3.91 GAA behind the good version of our defense, our current versions experience level as Flame just went up 15% today by playing a single game.

Really don’t want to risk this kids confidence and swagger when we inevitably have a good amount of nights we let in 4-6 goals like we did tonight. We still have Carolina, Colorado, Vegas, Canucks x2, Kings x2, and the Oilers still left on our schedule to boot. For the first time we seem to have an actual solid development plan for a goalie, let’s not ruin it by getting impatient.

Reactions: Felidae

joescores

Mar 21, 2011
I agree with calling up Wolf. After this three game stretch of Carolina, Colorado, Vegas I’d do it. Not like the team is going to be much better if any better next year anyway
Buckle up then. I am not having much hope for him and will eat a crow if he exceeds everyone's expectations.

Felidae

Sep 30, 2016
Weegar and Huberdeau seemed to forget which team they were on lmao. Both of them directly responsible for 2 of the Panthers goals.

The 1st period was real good and went toe to toe with them. If they potted a few of those chances against Stolarz, it might have been a different outcome. Went downhill from there unfortunately.

Khrox

May 31, 2018
Weegs and Razzy really got their buttholes pushed in didn't they. Miro the Redeemer had a pretty good first game with the club, almost 20 minutes with no goals against.

Reactions: joescores

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
Well, this isn't ideal. 25 minutes left to get the legs moving.
Back up goalie kryptonite again. If Bob was in net, it would probably be 4-1 for us.
Bring in Vladdy and have Marky bounce back tomorrow vs the Canes.

To be fair. Stolarz is #1 in the league in GAA

Turning Mangiapanese

Jun 18, 2011
Not even mad really. I know we like to joke about how the Flames can only compete against the top teams and struggle against bottom feeders, but this game was a good reality check. The Panthers are just an all around superior team in every way.
Gonna see a lot of games like these in the next couple of years I'm afraid.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad