TSN: Flames Offseason Game Plan

King In The North

Sean Bennett
Jul 9, 2007
Winterfell
Not news to us, but to reaffirm that the strength in our prospect pool comes from on the wings. If Ekblad is gone I definitely want Treliving to select the best available C.

May 27, 2012
Earth
Ladislav Smid lower than Chris Butler on the player ratings

are u srs

Oilers stats. Plus, Butler and Smid have two different styles. Smid hits when he can, so can Butler but not nearly effective. They are good shot blockers. Butler needs some love, gets some unneeded dislike. Smid is a tonka truck, Butler is modified golf cart.

Last edited:

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012

are u srs
As he should be. Smid is more stable and more physical but Butler skates much better, is more offensive and can eat alot more minutes.

Also Cullen is all about fantasy hockey and Butler is easily a better player for a fantasy team

Yung Rotini

6 Summers
May 18, 2013
Penticton, BC
As he should be. Smid is more stable and more physical but Butler skates much better, is more offensive and can eat alot more minutes.

Also Cullen is all about fantasy hockey and Butler is easily a better player for a fantasy team

I don't hate Butler, I think he's good and doesn't deserve all the hate, but Smid is a better defenseman in my mind.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary

Yeah he totally does, funny thing is his advice isn't even that good. I stopped listening to him back when he said Patrick Eaves was gonna get 70 points playing with Spezza and Heatley :laugh:

YMCMBYOLO

WEDABEST
Mar 30, 2009

That's debatable imo

Smid hits more and would possibly have the same amount of blocks if he weren't injured.. more PIMS (if you count that) and had less +/-

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
That's debatable imo

Smid hits more and would possibly have the same amount of blocks if he weren't injured.. more PIMS (if you count that) and had less +/-
And Butler scores quite a few more points. Heck Butler has already outscored Smid in their careers despite playing 181 fewer games. More often than not points are worth more.

YMCMBYOLO

WEDABEST
Mar 30, 2009
And Butler scores quite a few more points. Heck Butler has already outscored Smid in their careers despite playing 181 fewer games. More often than not points are worth more.

Oh, you're talking about a points league? Then yeah, he would be worth more. I was talking more about a categories league since I only play in those

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Oh, you're talking about a points league? Then yeah, he would be worth more. I was talking more about a categories league since I only play in those
even when there are more categories points usually ends up being a bit more important, wouldn't you agree? It's not like Butler is that far behind in hits and +/- in comparison.

YMCMBYOLO

WEDABEST
Mar 30, 2009
even when there are more categories points[GV][/GV] usually ends up being a bit more important, wouldn't you agree? It's not like Butler is that far behind in hits and +/- in comparison.

Idk, Butler is a more valuable fantasy guy as he does have more categories won, but personally I choose defensemen for hits, blocks, PIMS, and +/-... if he has more points then it's a bonus for me!

But of course everyone builds teams differently, which is why I love fantasy hockey leagues

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Idk, Butler is a more valuable fantasy guy as he does have more categories won, but personally I choose defensemen for hits, blocks, PIMS, and +/-... if he has more points then it's a bonus for me!

But of course everyone builds teams differently, which is why I love fantasy hockey leagues
In the end though I think we can agree that it would be close enough that there would be no reason for comments like the one that follows

are u srs

YMCMBYOLO

WEDABEST
Mar 30, 2009
In the end though I think we can agree that it would be close enough that there would be no reason for comments like the one that follows

Yeah, definitely. Didn't even see that comment!

In all honesty, Butler had a great 2nd half to the season.

IIRC, Smid had the worst ratio of the amount of goals scored when he was on the ice, so yeah..

Yung Rotini

6 Summers
May 18, 2013
Penticton, BC
I just like the way he plays and I think he's better than Butler.
I wasn't too serious about it considering I put "are u srs" but okay. The reason I typed that is because well, one, I don't think he should be rated higher, but they are close. But being better overall by 3? No. They are closer than that.

And how is all of that Smid's fault?

Last edited:

YMCMBYOLO

WEDABEST
Mar 30, 2009
I just like the way he plays and I think he's better than Butler.
I wasn't too serious about it considering I put "are u srs" but okay. The reason I typed that is because well, one, I don't think he should be rated higher, but they are close. But being better overall by 3? No. They are closer than that.

And how is all of that Smid's fault?

What is Smid's fault??

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad