Flames Midseason Report Card

WhereIsIt

alongtheboards
Jan 21, 2010
Calgary
www.alongtheboards.com
I had a bad case of the All-Star break blues and graded each player's performance at the just-over-halfway mark of the season. You can read my full write-up for each player here: http://alongtheboards.com/2015/01/flames-midseason-report-cards/

Here's what I got. Post your own grades if you like.

Mikael Backlund (A-)
Brandon Bollig (C-)
Lance Bouma (A-)
Paul Byron (B-)
Joe Colborne (B)
Johnny Gaudreau (A)
Curtis Glencross (B)
Markus Granlund (B-)
Jiri Hudler (A)
David Jones (B-)
Josh Jooris (B+)
Sean Monahan (B+)
Mason Raymond (C-)
Matt Stajan (B)
T.J. Brodie (A-)
Raphael Diaz (C)
Derykslav Smidelland (D+)
Mark Giordano (A+)
Dennis Wiseman (B)
Kris Russell (B)
Jonas Hiller (B-)
Karri Ramo (C-)

BTW grades are given out with expectations and role taken into account to a certain extent. Generally at B- and lower I start to have some question marks about a player's play. Overall, team has been really good (duh) with most players getting good grades.

1Boliever

Previously HH
Jan 10, 2014
Canada
C- is too harsh for Ramo. He's been fine. He is inconsistant, so they need to get him in there when he's hot, which is convenient because it seems to be when the other goalie is not. Give him a few game and his numbers will go up.

SickHandsNoShot

May 7, 2012
My favourite part:

"To me, Jooris is similar to Bouma but with more offensive upside and less-blatantly suicidal shot-blocking."

Hahah

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg
I agree 100% with you about Stajan, and how he shouldn't be dealt. He plays well no matter who he's with. Love that about him.

Last edited:

WhereIsIt

alongtheboards
Jan 21, 2010
Calgary
www.alongtheboards.com
http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1810617

We had actually just done this not too long ago. With the exception of Byron, I have no arguments about your ratings.

Ah cool, I missed this one. I'm travelling in China and the Internet is less than spotty, so I can't check the boards as frequently.

I'm glad you agree about Stajan. I would hate to see him go. I think he'll play out his contract here.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad