GDT: Flames @ Lightning, 5:00 MT

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
I wouldn’t draw many conclusions after 2 games. Teams have ups and downs. We are clearly not playing well and we ran into the 2 best teams on the league.

Sparky93

Dec 30, 2010
I wouldn’t draw many conclusions after 2 games. Teams have ups and downs. We are clearly not playing well and we ran into the 2 best teams on the league.
It's more than a couple games. 4-5-1, since the start of December. There's only a handful of guys playing decent hockey right now.

herashak

Mar 24, 2013
Flames are missing a #1D and a #1C, Tampas just on another level. Hope JG and Chucky are signing up for the long term like what the islanders have been able to do with their vets, because this isn’t a championship team, even with a Hertl type add

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012

I'd say the clear lack of depth is showing.
Tampa and Florida both keyed in on Gaudreau's line with their best defensive players and Dmen, and this team just couldn't score because of it.

This team needs secondary scoring in the worst of ways. Someone who can do it consistently and not rely on others to make it happen.

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
I'd say the clear lack of depth is showing.
Tampa and Florida both keyed in on Gaudreau's line with their best defensive players and Dmen, and this team just couldn't score because of it.

This team needs secondary scoring in the worst of ways. Someone who can do it consistently and not rely on others to make it happen.

I agree it has shown our lack of depth. But that has been apparent all season. In fact, these losses might actually get our management to try something else up front. Valimaki, Phillips, Gawdin, Ruzicka, and Pelletier should all be getting looks.

Calgary has dominated Boston, NYR twice in games. That's three games against high end teams which the Flames dominated. I would say we've been dominated in three games against elite teams: LV, Florida and Tampa. To me it is a classic case of recency bias.

Also the point of the top line, it's a lot easier to shut those guys down when the other coach can get the matchups because the Flames are on the road.

The team is not playing the way they are capable, to me that is painfully obvious. Making conclusions off 2 or 3 games either way is usually ridiculous. Even the best teams have periods where they do not play well. Look at Florida for a while there, they were junk.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
I agree it has shown our lack of depth. But that has been apparent all season. In fact, these losses might actually get our management to try something else up front. Valimaki, Phillips, Gawdin, Ruzicka, and Pelletier should all be getting looks.

Calgary has dominated Boston, NYR twice in games. That's three games against high end teams which the Flames dominated. I would say we've been dominated in three games against elite teams: LV, Florida and Tampa. To me it is a classic case of recency bias.

Also the point of the top line, it's a lot easier to shut those guys down when the other coach can get the matchups because the Flames are on the road.

The team is not playing the way they are capable, to me that is painfully obvious. Making conclusions off 2 or 3 games either way is usually ridiculous. Even the best teams have periods where they do not play well. Look at Florida for a while there, they were junk.

Oh I definitely agree in terms of not making conclusions, but as you mentioned the lack of depth has been evident from game 1 of the season; and even in the offseason when we were wondering how this group would even score.

They need a second line centre.
They need a RW that an score.
The need to clear out some of that bottom 6 that literally doesn't do anything.
They need to add more speed and creativity into the bottom pair.

If I was Tre, I'd be calling Doug Wilson and seeing if Hertl had any interest in waiving for Calgary at all. He'd change the entire dynamic of this lineup.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad