GDT: Flames @ Leafs - Wednesday 7:00pm Sportsnet

Status
Not open for further replies.

willmma

Jan 5, 2017
They're treating Galchenyuk like he's experienced significant trauma

They must see potential in him. They're forcing a hard reboot.

I really like that. I hope this is a real Gal restoration project. They are overhaulin this player's skills, working him into the system bringing out the shine.

Nothing to lose, we could get a bona-fide first round pick Galchenyuk instead of a hand-me-down

Bellzy

It was 4-1 finally has better meaning….
Jun 30, 2018
Galchenyuk wasn't good enough for the sens 4th line, why would he be good enough for our 1st
Because that would put high talent around him which he could thrive with and boost his confidence. Look at Thornton, nobody expected that. You act like galchenyuk had zero talent.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
I hope they shoot on the powerplay. Where did the net front presence go on the powerplay wow. Was frustrating to watch them over pass the puck every powerplay last game.

Reactions: Confucius

willmma

Jan 5, 2017
I hope they shoot on the powerplay. Where did the net front presence go on the powerplay wow. Was frustrating to watch them over pass the puck every powerplay last game.

We had seven powerplays in the last game and I don't recall seeing Matthews wind up for a one-timer slap shot at all.

Matthews needs two goals to make up for last game.

Rude Dog

Dec 22, 2008
Hope they figure out the 5 on 3's. One against Calgary was bad enough, but the one Mathews scored on the Habs with one second left masked one of the worst 5 on 3's I have ever seen. Gotta win the draw.

Last edited:

Twine Tickler

Apr 5, 2010
Vancouver
Hope they figure out the 5 on 3's. One against Calgary was bad enough, but the one Mathews scored on the Habs with one second left masked one of the worst 5 on 3's I have ever seen. Gotta win the draw.
Their 5-3 record prior to last game was 100% I believe (3/3). Was the Matthews goal in MTL a 5-3 masterpiece? no not really, but in fairness to them, the 5-3 came as the 1st period ended, They lost the draw and the 15 seconds of 5-3 in the 1st were gone. Leaving them with a minute of 5-3 in the second with a neutral zone faceoff to start. Gaining the zone was not pretty by any means, but they managed to pot 1 nonetheless. For me its hard to read into last games PP woes. Big Save Dave was fantastic, and surely saved what normally would be goals at multiple points. I honestly think if they come out playing that way again tonight, they will win

VanW27

Jun 9, 2003
Canada
I don't know if the numbers back this up but seems like we've really struggled on important draws the last little bit.

PP and after icing in particular. I feel like in that 2-1 win over the Sens they kept icing the puck whenever they got in trouble and then just won the faceoff and got the change.

Overall I don't think the PP has actually been as good as the numbers suggest anyway. Success has been more about great plays from individuals than the PP as a whole.

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
I would agree with you @Twine Tickler, if they bring the same effort and stick with it I think they win as well.

Hutch needs to clean up the rebounds a little but other than that, there wasn't much to complain about from that game.

Twine Tickler

Apr 5, 2010
Vancouver
I would agree with you @Twine Tickler, if they bring the same effort and stick with it I think they win as well.

Hutch needs to clean up the rebounds a little but other than that, there wasn't much to complain about from that game.
Ya. I actually felt bad for Hutch last game personally. He would have had to post a shutty just to get a loser point. Most nights, the way he played would have given us a real chance at 2 points. Offence was stymied by exceptional goaltending from Rittich unfortunately. I agree with you, I think he could clean up some of those rebounds for sure, I just felt he looked far more comfortable in the loss against CGY vs his win against OTT. I'd like them to give Freddy an extra day to get healthy. If its a low body injury as suspected (pulled groin or hammy) he could really f*** it up if he comes back prematurely. The reality of it is, we should be able to beat the flames with anyone in net. It may be a cocky take, but good teams win regardless of who is in net. Colorado did not lose last year solely because of Hutch being in net, nor did they use him as an excuse. We shouldn't either

kevsh

Nov 28, 2018
I shudder to think of who'd be playing if Dubas didn't spend most of his off-season handing out 1-year deals to veterans and "last chance" players.

He gets a lot of heat from the faithful but with 4(?) forwards and a key d-man injured they can still ice an NHL team ...Okay, that almost worked if we overlook Marincin.

ryno23

Feb 5, 2010
Hyman - Matthews - Marner
Kerfoot - Tavares - Nylander
Barabanov - Engvall - Mik
Vesey - Boyd - Spezza

No need to screw around with Matthews and Marner and screw up 2 top lines. Kerfoot moving to the Tavares line made that line look way better. 3rd and 4th lines mix and match

I think Dubas biggest need now is not a top 6 F it's a 3rd line C who can chip in but play a robust game. Booner Jenner type would be ideal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad