GDT: Flames @ Leafs | 3.21.16 | 7:30 on TSN4 | Clash of Tanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeafalCrusader

Oct 3, 2013
Winnipeg
Opposition team pregame talk: Oh my God look at that Leafs lineup lol that's just embarrassing.

Opposition team postgame talk: Oh my God we lost to the freakin Leafs that's just embarrassing.

SEER

Sep 21, 2015
Yea we have 3 less points, but also played 3 less games as well
We could win those 3 games, if we win tonight we are 1 point back only

Yes.. I am quite aware of this..

And Edmonton could win three games in a row... So much drama in Leafs Nation...

Every time we get close, Lou pulls Komarov back again, as he is our #1 goal scorer..

SEER

Sep 21, 2015
If we have to make another call-up, it's a good time for it, as the Marlies have a softer schedule this week..

I'd love to see Lindberg up for a game..

Last edited:

Bullseye

Jun 14, 2012
Niagara
Thanks for doing this today Daisy!

I'm nervous. Nervous that Babcock is going to go .500 the rest of the way. Nervous we're gonna miss out on finishing last place. Nervous.

The other part of me loved the recent wins - arg :shakehead

madmike77

Jan 9, 2009
With Hiller starting the odds of a Leafs win are considerably higher than they would be otherwise. He's beyond awful.

No idea why the Flames are playing him, other than maybe professional courtesy.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Couldn't they call up Marner?

When is his next game?

25th is the first game of the playoffs for the Knights.

I guess they have enough bodies. Laich is back to replace Soshnikov. Bozak and Boyes will be back by Thursday.

Willchel Marlynder

(philer bozel)
Jul 15, 2010
Windsor, ON
We are in last place, with three points LESS than Edmonton... What do you mean..?

All we have to do, is not let them get lower... They can't lose points.., only make more.. or stay the same..

Besides, the top five "pickers" will be shuffled a bit with the lotto, anyway.., so relax my friend.. :)

They have 3 games in hand..... We win two games and we lose last place..... Heck we lose two games and we may end up in 3rd seeing as Winnipeg has an unstoppable tank right now. If we want Matthews we shouldn't use the whole "lottery shuffle" excuse. 20% is MUCH better than 13.5% and 11.5%. We should be hoping for nothing but a last place finish.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
25th is the first game of the playoffs for the Knights.

I guess they have enough bodies. Laich is back to replace Soshnikov. Bozak and Boyes will be back by Thursday.

Marlies would have to be on the road as well, which I don't believe they are.

Mugzy97

#StandWitness
Mar 3, 2015
Halifax, NS
Yea we have 3 less points, but also played 3 less games as well
We could win those 3 games, if we win tonight we are 1 point back only

Yeah I'm nervous. It's insane that our terrible lineup is jockeying for last place with Edmonton's lineup. They should be way better than us.

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
LOL! Freudian slip, I guess.. Thanks, SprDaVE..

I'd still like to see a young Lindstrom on this team too, though.. :laugh:

I would not want to see another Joakim Lindstrom... guy was a terrible player until the tank kicked into gear. Once that happened, he started playing like he didn't have an "n" in his name.

rrc1967

Jan 9, 2014
Houston Texas
Yeah I'm nervous. It's insane that our terrible lineup is jockeying for last place with Edmonton's lineup. They should be way better than us.

I don't think anyone would expect them to win against sharks, blues, avs, and preds. that being said, they are 6-5-0 this month, the leafs are 4-5-1.

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
Combine this with the fact that Hiller is starting, and the Flames brutal road record this season... Toronto is in line for another win
Even with our forward lineup listed...hard to see us losing. Hiller, back to back games for the Flames, their road record, etc.

But hey if we do then it will be quite the accomplishment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad