GDT: Flames @ Kraken: 7:00 PM (Pre-season Game #5)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Marquis

Aug 24, 2020
Washougal, WA
Not only are there no streaming options anywhere, the gd huskies have taken over the radio broadcast. Where would the kraken game be radio broadcast if not on 950?

The Marquis

Aug 24, 2020
Washougal, WA
It’s on local Seattle TV, so there are. I can’t even find highlights of the game yesterday and that arena is more capable. Disappointing.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
I really think the Kraken screwed the pooch with the broadcast options here. I can't get Kong on any streaming option. DirecTV Stream OR FuboTV. The nhl.com site is not letting me stream either.

The Marquis

Aug 24, 2020
Washougal, WA
Yeah. Makes no sense. If the BCHL can stream games live, it’s mind boggling that many NHL teams can’t manage. This one is especially perplexing since it’s actually being broadcast locally.

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012
I really think the Kraken screwed the pooch with the broadcast options here. I can't get Kong on any streaming option. DirecTV Stream OR FuboTV. The nhl.com site is not letting me stream either.

Blame the mariners for having a regular season game at the same time. Don't blame the team...

YMCMBYOLO

WEDABEST
Mar 30, 2009
Flames fan.

So, what are you folks most excited about for the upcoming season? Based on the lineup, looks like you guys have a solid D line and pretty good goaltending. Are you expecting most games to be low-scoring?

How’s the arena like? Has promotion of the team in the Seattle area been good, and would you say there’s a solid amount of hype in the city?

Whole bunch of questions, sorry. FYI— most Flames fans are on CalgaryPuck, hence the low traffic on the HFFlames board.

Last edited:

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
Flames fan.

So, what are you folks most excited about for the upcoming season? Based on the lineup, looks like you guys have a solid D line and pretty good goaltending. Are you expecting most games to be low-scoring?

How’s the arena like? Has promotion of the team in the Seattle area been good, and would you say there’s a solid amount of hype in the city?

Whole bunch of questions, sorry. FYI— most Flames fans are on CalgaryPuck, hence the low traffic on the HFFlames board.

I think most of us are excited about the fact that we have our own hockey team. There is tremendous hype in the city and I feel it has been promoted fairly well. Seattle loves its sports team and it shows. However, I am tempering expectations on the season as whole.

I can see us fighting for the 3rd playoff spot from our division but won't be surprised if we miss the playoffs. The lack of offense from the forwards is going to be the biggest question mark. Plus outside of Dunn and Gio I don't think we have any true offensive minded D-men or puck movers. The team-D and goalies will need to keep us in most games and I think we could struggle catching up in games if we fall behind 2 or more goals early.

As far as the arena goes, it looks good from photos but its not 100% complete. The expectation IS that it will be ready before the 1st home game but that remains to be seen.

The Marquis

Aug 24, 2020
Washougal, WA
I think most of us are excited about the fact that we have our own hockey team. There is tremendous hype in the city and I feel it has been promoted fairly well. Seattle loves its sports team and it shows. However, I am tempering expectations on the season as whole.

I can see us fighting for the 3rd playoff spot from our division but won't be surprised if we miss the playoffs. The lack of offense from the forwards is going to be the biggest question mark. Plus outside of Dunn and Gio I don't think we have any true offensive minded D-men or puck movers. The team-D and goalies will need to keep us in most games and I think we could struggle catching up in games if we fall behind 2 or more goals early.

As far as the arena goes, it looks good from photos but its not 100% complete. The expectation IS that it will be ready before the 1st home game but that remains to be seen.

couldn't have said it better myself. We have an NHL team in Washington. I’m 3 hours from Seattle, down in the Columbia River Gorge, and a huge fan of hockey, but I’m extremely stoked for this. I never thought it would happen.

People from outside Seattle say Seattle sports fans are used to winning. Not necessarily true. The Mariners. 19 years without making the playoffs and the only MLB team to have never been to the World Series. We KNOW losing. (Full disclosure, I don’t support all Seattle teams. I live 45 minutes from Portland. Go Timbers!). Regardless, my expectations are that we’ll see NHL hockey in Seattle and I’m having my expectations met!!!

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012
I was thinking that too. The fact that we signed Grubauer makes so much more sense now. I know its been a limited sample size but both Gruby and Daccord have looked better than Driedger so far.

What's interesting we had better defense on the ice when Driedger wasn't suited up

RainyCityHockey

Dec 24, 2019
Germany
Chris Driedger has a lot of work to do.

Yeah, Driedger hasn't been all that good so far and has been outplayed by D'Accord IMO.

Other than that, I've got no clue(besiedes the final result of 1-4) what went on as there wasn't any live broadcast like mentioned above. :rant: :facepalm:

BTW: Let's see if Cale Fleury makes it through waivers and what(if anything at all) Francis does to the surplus of defenders....

Ray Martyniuk

Mar 13, 2019
I was thinking that too. The fact that we signed Grubauer makes so much more sense now. I know its been a limited sample size but both Gruby and Daccord have looked better than Driedger so far.
Honestly I think Driedger will be traded at some point. Can't keep a good man like Daccord down and besides they have Grubauer and Driedger doesn't want to play 2nd fiddle for another 5-6 years does he?

Ray Martyniuk

Mar 13, 2019
Nah. The team needs to have contingencies in place for such scenarios.
Looking for a stream yesterday and finding nada,niente,Zilch was disappointing. I guess people want to be paid for viewing their NHL product which to me has become boring at all stages. The NHL needs to go to 4 on 4 hockey to add some spice the game is a bore and a snore like soccer has been since its infancy. Sorry to rain on the Seattle parade but the NHL product stinks even there are World class with superb talent. Too many bodies in a confined space! That's really evident during PP where players are shooting at 8 pairs of legs and the heavily inflated and equipped goaltender

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012
Honestly I think Driedger will be traded at some point. Can't keep a good man like Daccord down and besides they have Grubauer and Driedger doesn't want to play 2nd fiddle for another 5-6 years does he?

Seattle isn't trading him. Have you seen the schedule? He's fine with being 1b. He'll get his share of the ice time.

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012
Looking for a stream yesterday and finding nada,niente,Zilch was disappointing. I guess people want to be paid for viewing their NHL product which to me has become boring at all stages. The NHL needs to go to 4 on 4 hockey to add some spice the game is a bore and a snore like soccer has been since its infancy. Sorry to rain on the Seattle parade but the NHL product stinks even there are World class with superb talent. Too many bodies in a confined space! That's really evident during PP where players are shooting at 8 pairs of legs and the heavily inflated and equipped goaltender

its pre-season games not regular season games. ESPN+ is only contractual obligated to show all the regular season games (local black out rules apply) on espn+ not all pre-season games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad