Series Discussion: Flames - Jets (Flames Win 3-1)

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
I think a big part of first round play has been the teams that employ a “shock and awe” concept of going at the opponent with speed and physicality tend to gain that momentum that is tough to stop. That’s where the Jets forwards I think have an edge. How we react to that will determine our success. We saw what the avalanche did to us in a similar respect.

My concern is our overall team speed is suspect. Gio and Ham have slowed down and we deploy Mony, Chuck and Looch through the first 3 lines.

We need Hellebucyk to be average and we need to win the special teams battle.
Damn if that's what we can expect, this series will be over in two games after all.

Unlimited Chequing

Christian Yellow
Jan 29, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
Will be rooting for y'all during the post season. It's been a headache over here in Sabre land, but always got love for the HTown team and a lot of the members on this board.
tenor.gif

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
My head will be hoping for a Flames loss. My heart will be cheering for a Flames win.
Its a very good draft this year and if the Flames lose they would get a good pick in the draft. Besides, even if the Flames beat Winnipeg they'll likely have to face St Louis in the next round and the chances they win that round is slim to none.
Winnipeg wins 3 - Calgary wins 2
Gaudreau disappoints with his play.

Nanuuk

Nov 16, 2013
Calgary, Alberta
Flames all the way. The 1 line of Gaudreau/Monahan/Lindholm has a huge series. The 2 line of Mangiapane/Backlund/Tkachuk drive the Jets crazy with a possession game. The 3rd line of Bennett/Ryan/Dube will play a strong defensive game and chip in with spped, energy and some scoring. The 4 line of Lucic/Jankowski/Reider will be aimless, but will come up big when needed.

Our D will be healthy and tight. The Chronicles of Rittich will write another chapter.

We'll give St. Loo fits and it will be close.

GumbyCan2

Jul 7, 2019
Warm & Sunny
You could say the same exact thing for the Jets this season
Toss up as to who wants it more and plays as a determined team throughout the line-up. Go Calgary Jets, go Winnipeg Flames??
I do predict one thing though. With Hellebuyck in Wpg net, if Johnny-Hockey and Money-man don't produce early, it's likely a very dim flicker of a chance for the Flames.

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
Honestly Lucic was looking great in his last 10 games or so.

when he just skates full speed and just chips pucks in or quickly just dumps it in without trying a move so he loses his speed, then he’s an absolute terror on the forecheck and routinely defencemen were turning it over. So much better of a player than Neal 5 on 5. Not even close imo.

Reactions: Nanuuk

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
Ironically I could see Lucic being our MVP after all the rest he has gotten. Jam home some important ones.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
The Flames record for the first 5 games of the 2019-20 season was 2-3-0 and their opponents were Colorado/Vancouver/LA/Dallas/Vegas.
In the next 5 games they played San Jose/Philly/Detroit/LA/Anaheim giving them an overall record of 5-4-1
The Flames never seem to get off to a great start so I'll be surprised if they change that when the season resumes.. if it does.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Ironically I could see Lucic being our MVP after all the rest he has gotten. Jam home some important ones.
LOL.... Lucic had 5 months rest (6 if you count September} before the start of the 2019-20 season and in the first 10 games he had 1 assist. Don't get your hopes up.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
This restart may fool Monahan into thinking it's October and goes beast mode. We may win lol.
I wouldn't be too disappointed if we lose and get a good lottery pick out of it. We are not a real contender.

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
I don't have any faith in the bottom six creating anything. They just have to try to not get scored on...
If the top 6 goes cold they're done.
They could win though.
That's just how I feel.

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
I don't have any faith in the bottom six creating anything. They just have to try to not get scored on...
If the top 6 goes cold they're done.
They could win though.
That's just how I feel.

200.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad