GDT: Flames @ Jets 6:00 pm MT - TSN3 & CalgaryFlames.com

Body Checker

Aug 11, 2005
Oesterle has been a big surprise for me. He is such a good skater. If he pairs up with Tanev that should hide some of his defensive deficiencies. He will soften the impact of Kylington’s absence.

Sololyov looks good. Definitely some NHL qualities in his play.

Klapka, Pospisil, Schwindt and Zary all look like they could get some NHL minutes this season. Disappointed Pospisil won’t stick to hockey though. I was liking his game up to that point.

Coronato is at a different level than all the other prospects. Already is a NHLer.

Ciona needs AHL minutes. Not ready but no surprise there. Honzek has tools but WHL here he comes and soon.

Reactions: Fig

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
Oesterle has been a big surprise for me. He is such a good skater. If he pairs up with Tanev that should hide some of his defensive deficiencies. He will soften the impact of Kylington’s absence.

Sololyov looks good. Definitely some NHL qualities in his play.

Klapka, Pospisil, Schwindt and Zary all look like they could get some NHL minutes this season. Disappointed Pospisil won’t stick to hockey though. I was liking his game up to that point.

Coronato is at a different level than all the other prospects. Already is a NHLer.

Ciona needs AHL minutes. Not ready but no surprise there. Honzek has tools but WHL here he comes and soon.

Oesterle and Hunt have surprised me. Zary also had a more positive viewing than expected albeit a bit more seasoning isn't out of the question IMO, but he's close. I'd almost put Zary ahead of Coronato. Coronato has certain attributes that are NHL ready/borderline elite vs Zary is close to being a solid jack of all trades right now. However, Coronato has a few attributes that are significantly weaker than Zary in terms of NHL calibre, so him honing that in the AHL isn't a bad thing.

I'd say I could be OK with Zary early becoming an NHL regular after 2 more months of seasoning. Coronator I'd say 3-4 months of seasoning. I would assume they could be NHL ready full time starting next season.

Solo and Klapka I think can early entry and be bottom 6 players if we want them to be. I think if we allowed them to mature more we can potentially upgrade them a little, but it might be diminishing returns going forward if we do that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad