GDT: Flames @ Islanders (11 am / 6 pm / 8 pm)

JurassicTunga

it is what it is
Mar 21, 2010
i1.gif

Hyenas take down another. Good game!

joescores

Mar 21, 2011
Not sure why that analogy re hyenas resonated so weird within the journos.

Perfectly eloquent analogy by Naz.

Do they think hockey players eat hay and drink from the bucket ? 😉

Reactions: Tofveve

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
Anyone else catch that bit after they went from the Flames game to Bos/Wash?

I think it was Jamal Myers not knowing his mike was live saying something about crotch shots.

I think that was PK being PK saying the crotch shot thing (it was the US channel covering the game, I think TNT)

Reactions: FLAMESFAN

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
I still think the Tkachuk trade was a win for us because of Weegar. Huberdeau coming back to life is even better.

Trading that 1st was pure idiocy though. Stupid move as soon as the papers went through

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Flames are fun again and I am here for it. You just know Darryl would have lost his mind on Marktsrom for trying to score even with a 3G lead. Probably would have bag skated him in full goalie gear. Loose teams playing on instinct rather than over thinking everything can be dangerous, whatever happens with Tanev and Hanifin these guys should be interesting to watch down the stretch.

Great - Weegar hattrick baby, dude was a monster in this one.
Markstrom also excellent. Fun goalie to watch when he's dialed like he has been lately.
Coleman even before that EN was everywhere, 2way checking devil.

Really Good - Backlund was also strong in this one, just sticking to Islanders players and stealing pucks.
Hanifin another good outing, really starting to activate off the point which usually means he's playing well. Huberdeau 2pts f*** ya keep it up dude.
Kylington-Paschal really nice game from them I thought, the best Kylington has looked since returning. Pachal had several good cycle break ups where he squeezed off the attacker and let Oliver puck retrieve.
Good - Sharangovich maybe he can be a C, people keep saying he's lacking defensively but I'm not seeing it really. His positioning is solid and with his reach he can stay with guys well.
Pelletier and Rooney both quality as well, thought Pelts had a very good showing. Pospisil best player on his line today, really like his defensive conscious. Guy has 1 speed.

Not bad - Mangiapane on his ass a little too often again and still struggling to finish but I liked his 2nd efforts.
Zary decent, didn't have the puck much.
Kadri some lazy passes and taking too long to load up his shot but skated well.
Kuzmenko maybe a little behind the play too much but liked that he was patient with it and giving 2nd efforts off the puck.
Tanev looking slow and near useless in the OZ, still good defensively. Might be battling something, I would trade him sooner rather than later even if it means the return isn't quite as good.
Duehr not physical enough IMO.

impressive full 60 minutes from the Flames
Lets go playoffs - Andrei Kuzmenko

Last edited:

FLAMESFAN

Feb 27, 2002
Crazy to think the Oil are only 6 points up on us after that big run they had. They do have 5 games in hand though...Totally knew we'd make a late push
It's great to see them playing well, but we also can say goodbye to Dickenson, Yakemchuk, Lindstrom etc

herashak

Mar 24, 2013
Crazy to think the Oil are only 6 points up on us after that big run they had. They do have 5 games in hand though...Totally knew we'd make a late push
It's great to see them playing well, but we also can say goodbye to Dickenson, Yakemchuk, Lindstrom etc
We’re probs getting 1 4/5 Dman back from Hanifin/Tanev, still likely they will be drafting around 10

joescores

Mar 21, 2011
Flames are fun again and I am here for it. You just know Darryl would have lost his mind on Marktsrom for trying to score even with a 3G lead. Probably would have bag skated him in full goalie gear. Loose teams playing on instinct rather than over thinking everything can be dangerous, whatever happens with Tanev and Hanifin should these guys should be interesting to watch down the stretch.

Great - Weegar hattrick baby, dude was a monster in this one.
Markstrom also excellent. Fun goalie to watch when he's dialed like he has been lately.
Coleman even before that EN was everywhere, 2way checking devil.

Really Good - Backlund was also strong in this one, just sticking to Islanders players and stealing pucks.
Hanifin another good outing, really starting to activate off the point which usually means he's playing well. Huberdeau 2pts f*** ya keep it up dude.
Kylington-Paschal really nice game from them I thought, the best Kylington has looked since returning. Pachal had several good cycle break ups where he squeezed off the attacker and let Oliver puck retrieve.
Good - Sharangovich maybe he can be a C, people keep saying he's lacking defensively but I'm not seeing it really. His positioning is solid and with his reach he can stay with guys well.
Pelletier and Rooney both quality as well, thought Pelts had a very good showing. Pospisil best player on his line today, really like his defensive conscious. Guy has 1 speed.

Not bad - Mangiapane on his ass a little too often again and still struggling to finish but I liked his 2nd efforts.
Zary decent, didn't have the puck much.
Kadri some lazy passes and taking too long to load up his shot but skated well.
Kuzmenko maybe a little behind the play too much but liked that he was patient with it and giving 2nd efforts off the puck.
Tanev looking slow and near useless in the OZ, still good defensively. Might be battling something, I would trade him sooner rather than later even if it means the return isn't quite as good.
Duehr not physical enough IMO.

impressive full 60 minutes from the Flames
Lets go playoffs - Andrei Kuzmenko
Great evaluation as always mate- same minds alike.

I think Tanev's mind has fully entered Lindy's this season universe.
He knows he is getting traded, perhaps playing less reckless to protect himself and a lot of unknown that sits behind the corner has started to weigh on him.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
I still think the Tkachuk trade was a win for us because of Weegar. Huberdeau coming back to life is even better.

Trading that 1st was pure idiocy though. Stupid move as soon as the papers went through
I prefer to think of the trade being Kadri for Monahan + a 1st.

MM917

Aug 18, 2022
Hello, how do you like Sharangovich’s game today and in general?

Today- meh, overall- meh

He is perfect to fill in for a team going nowhere, but it is easy to see why NJ a team that is competing for the play-off and beyond had no use for him. He doesn't have the offense to play in the top 6 for a good team and offers nothing in terms of defense or physical play for a bottom 6 role. But for a non-playoff team that needs warm bodies and guys to put up ok-ish stats, he works.

Reactions: TBS

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad