GDT: Flames @ Hawks, January 7 6:30 PM, SNET-W

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
cut.jpg

Game day, guys.

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
Not sure why they're mixing up 3m, but I suppose Bennett getting moved up isn't a bad thing either.

Also, Blackhawks seem to be playing a bit better as of late. Could be a tougher test than expected.

Go Flames!

5-2 good guys.

Nanuuk

Nov 16, 2013
Calgary, Alberta
Peters broke up 3M last game as I recall. Benny played well so they'll get another chance to play together. I thought Frolik added stability to the 3 line and felt they controlled the puck well. Chicago is playing a rookie goaltender tonight, but he's notched three victories so far so the Flames can't take it for granted that they'll win tonight. They'll need to work harder than we've seen the last couple or at the least, start on time.

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
Not sure why they're mixing up 3m, but I suppose Bennett getting moved up isn't a bad thing either.

Also, Blackhawks seem to be playing a bit better as of late. Could be a tougher test than expected.

Go Flames!

5-2 good guys.

It looks like 3M is used against better teams as a shutdown line. Blackhawks is not that good at the moment, so 2nd line can have a more offensive role

Reactions: Sk8M8

Tkachuky

Dec 30, 2009
In the Dome
Just win.

Are we getting a back up? Are they playing on a back to back? Are we going to get 10 power plays? Did Johnny cry the whole game?

Guess will have to see after the game. Courtesy of Oiler Around the League. :popcorn:

Love reading the pure salt in their heads.

SaintMorose

Jul 21, 2009
Hopefully the Flames put out a better effort than the last 3 games they are starting to slide a bit after the big San Jose game.

Mr Snrub

I like the way Snrub thinks!
Oct 12, 2016
Hopefully the Flames put out a better effort than the last 3 games they are starting to slide a bit after the big San Jose game.

Flames (outside of the top line) have been on kind of a slide for the better part of the last month. Johnny can't outscore their problems forever. I don't expect this to be the game where the underlying problems come home to roost as Chicago has poor depth and an aging core, but it's a good warm-up for the guys to get back into their top form.

Reactions: Sk8M8

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West

I felt that way too, but the comeback win helped restore some of my confidence. Every game in this league needs an A effort to win it. That's how tough it is.

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
Flames (outside of the top line) have been on kind of a slide for the better part of the last month. Johnny can't outscore their problems forever. I don't expect this to be the game where the underlying problems come home to roost as Chicago has poor depth and an aging core, but it's a good warm-up for the guys to get back into their top form.

Chicago was good enough to end Pittsburgh's 8 game streak, so we can't just expect them to lose if we don't play well.

Reactions: Cyrano and Sk8M8

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
At least Rittich is back and healthy. Praise Satan.

Big night from the top line again.

6-1 because some boner on our team turns it over or puts it in our own net.

Corpus X

Wearing Stanley's cup.
May 24, 2014
Calgary
This is today's free game from the NHL gamecentre.

The Flames have something to beak at when they play the Hawks.

4-2 Flames

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
This is today's free game from the NHL gamecentre.

The Flames have something to beak at when they play the Hawks.

4-2 Flames
I assume that means I can watch it on on Telus's NHL Center Ice? Or is that something different?

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
A win by the Flames and a loss by the Leafs who are playing the Preds tonight will give the Flames sole possession of 2nd place league wide.
If that happens will HF now believe that the Flames are a legit cup contender? Probably not.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad