Dreger: Flames have backed off from trading Hamonic, possibly looking to extend

culturaldingo

Jan 15, 2019
Flames are in a lucky position so many young studs

Hanifin
Valimaki
Andersson
Kylington

Oddly enough, Kylington probably has the biggest potential of them all but unlikely to reach it.

I'd be happy going into next season with:

Giordano-Andersson
Hanifin-Hamonic
Valimaki-Kylington

Flames need a 2C (kadri) and Neal to have a bounce back year and we be good.

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
Why would the Flames even consider trading Hamonic? He was one of the best Flames dmen this year.

culturaldingo

Jan 15, 2019
He is the perfect second pairing guy, he also is gonna have a reasonable contract. I wasn't opposed to trading him , but trading him for a random top 6 forward is not smart.

drhockey4321

Jun 5, 2019
He is the perfect second pairing guy, he also is gonna have a reasonable contract. I wasn't opposed to trading him , but trading him for a random top 6 forward is not smart.
Quite true. One of the best things about Travis is he's very well grounded and the consumate team player. I wouldn't be surprised if he signed a very reasonable deal. Because that's who he is. Trust me the islanders did not want to trade him. They did it because as in calgary, he is tremendously respected by his team mates and front office. Treliving is just doing his due diligence here. No more no less.

as I said before Travis Hamonic has been a big brother for fatherless boys and has done so for years now because he lost his dad at 9 years old. He is a tremendous representative of Calgary and they are extremely lucky to have him. You can say he wasn't traded as a favor if you wish, that's your prerogative. But he most certainly was. Garth Snow doesn't call him "Little Brother" for nothing.

It just shows how highly regarded he is. I'd take him back in a nanosecond.

Reactions: Nanuuk

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad