Speculation: Flames Goalie Trade??

Altimus

Probably drunk
Sponsor
Jan 21, 2006
West end Ottawa
The logic for Ottawa is stupid

Even if Sens suddenly hated Forsberg they have soogard who they can give a couple of games to. Not to mention trading for vlader means either overpaying by moving Forsberg in the same deal or finding a trade for Forsberg with no leverage

Also can't forget the fact that Forsberg is better but that's too logical here
Agree 100%, we'd call up Sogaad before we traded for a goalie. Makes zero sense for Ottawa to be in the goalie market unless they were selling one first.

Bond

May 10, 2012
I think I witnessed a team reverse their way into the playoffs then go on a run to the finals. I think I witnessed that happen 2 years ago in the bubble too, and then the year before that too in the covid shortened season. So yes I do think Calgary could absolutely go on a run. Do I expect it? No as the team is stuck in 1st gear as long as our top players continue to struggle.

I really don't see how Kadri is relevant here at all. Him being locked up is irrelevant as he is not a 1C in any way shape or form. The issue still lies that if this team is too good to tank for a legitimate 1C (which pretty much means a top 10 pick at minimum) then keeping Lindholm is absolutely the better option as there is literally no one on the market any time remotely soon that is better. If the team does struggle and stay at the bottom of the league then I am absolutely open to trading him along with our other UFA's to get more picks in the upcoming drafts and/or solid prospects from other teams.

Again trading Markstrom is still 100% his decision, whether you want to move him or not is irrelevant unless he is willing to move. What I do know is that he has proven to be a very supportive mentor figure in the past so I would absolutely love to keep that around as we transition to Wolf as the start over the next 2-3 years.
Kadri is relevant to the cap and contract structure of the the team. Ah, you still think they pull a cindarella run out of nowhere with a slow and aging core that can’t score. I give it a zero percent chance and Cindarella teams don’t win the cup. Lindholm has already turned down a contract at market value and wants something with a 9 in front of it to stay in Calgary. I’d pass on that easy.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Unless you have no goalie like the Oilers, why would anyone trade for Vladar?

Some Other Flame

Dec 4, 2010
Most likely this is just as Friedman stated but that's also boring.

Especially with the Leafs market getting more and more desperate and increasingly speculating that Treliving will look to the Flames to address their defensive issues. Treliving's never met a pick he wouldn't be happy to trade and the Flames could definitely use more of those.

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
Markstrom appears to be over whatever the hell happened to him last year.

Just handing Wolf the starting spot is very risky

Both he and Lindholm were awaiting the birth of their kids and then both were new dads. I think both were born in February within weeks of each other or something?

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
Huh? He said Lyon to Edmonton, not Campbell to Detroit. Lyon is at 900k for 2 years, i.e. cheap.o
Lyon is probably one of Holland’s best options. He’s cheap and if it doesn’t work, what have they lost?? Plus, he did put the Panthers on his back last season. That’s something to keep in mind. He’s done it recently.

At first I didn’t think Reimer would be an option, but thinking about it, he has started the season well, and they can make the dollars work too. Especially if Detroit ate half of it.

Then Detroit does have the 3 goalies. So it’s probably a good possibility, one of them could end up in Edmonton, all things considered. The Oilers need a goalie they can fit under the cap, Detroit has an extra one, and the obvious relationship Holland has with Yzerman.

Guess it would all depend on what Detroit wants in return? Kenny already owes Yzerman for the Yamamoto buyout. Is it worth a 3rd for Detroit? Maybe. Where do they bite? A 2nd? A 3rd? A prospect they like?

At this point what else is really an option? It’s going to be someone who’s either struggling badly, they can trade Campbell for…and hope, or someone on a cheap contract. It’s gonna be a coin flip either way.

Ledge And Dairy

Kadri is relevant to the cap and contract structure of the the team. Ah, you still think they pull a cindarella run out of nowhere with a slow and aging core that can’t score. I give it a zero percent chance and Cindarella teams don’t win the cup. Lindholm has already turned down a contract at market value and wants something with a 9 in front of it to stay in Calgary. I’d pass on that easy.
Lol did you bother reading what I wrote or just skim it? In the last 3 of the last 4 playoffs we've had 3 seperate "Cinderella runs." So yes I think if this team is playing well and our goaltending is hot at the right time they could absolutely go on a run. If we look back another 2 years a "Cinderella run" to the finals in Vegas and another one win the cup in St. Louis. Then even the year before that we had Nashville. Literally the only recent year where playoffs actually went more "according to plan" was when Colorado won the cup.

As for Kadri, no he's not relevant at all. Your argument is because we have Kadri locked up we shouldn't use cap space on another player. That's completely counterintuitive. What is factual is that the Flames do not have a legitimate 1C without Lindholm and unless they get a high draft pick in the next couple years they are vert unlikely to have anyone that can be that 1C caliber player. I am not against selling and rebuilding if the team is bad enough to get a high pick in the upcoming drafts, I am against not committing to one direction or the other. If the team is too good to tank then give them the best chance possible to succeed. Because partially selling and being somewhat bad for the next 4-5 years results in the same outcome as trying to compete for the next 4-5 years. Either way the team will probably bottom out towards year 6+ of the Huberdeau deal. At least we may get some playoffs to cheer for and ownership won't ve pissed in the meantime.

Also Lindholm never "turned down a contact at market value." You are making that up. There was talks about where both sides stood in negotiation, thats all.

Reactions: Nanuuk

Bond

May 10, 2012
Lol did you bother reading what I wrote or just skim it? In the last 3 of the last 4 playoffs we've had 3 seperate "Cinderella runs." So yes I think if this team is playing well and our goaltending is hot at the right time they could absolutely go on a run. If we look back another 2 years a "Cinderella run" to the finals in Vegas and another one win the cup in St. Louis. Then even the year before that we had Nashville. Literally the only recent year where playoffs actually went more "according to plan" was when Colorado won the cup.

As for Kadri, no he's not relevant at all. Your argument is because we have Kadri locked up we shouldn't use cap space on another player. That's completely counterintuitive. What is factual is that the Flames do not have a legitimate 1C without Lindholm and unless they get a high draft pick in the next couple years they are vert unlikely to have anyone that can be that 1C caliber player. I am not against selling and rebuilding if the team is bad enough to get a high pick in the upcoming drafts, I am against not committing to one direction or the other. If the team is too good to tank then give them the best chance possible to succeed. Because partially selling and being somewhat bad for the next 4-5 years results in the same outcome as trying to compete for the next 4-5 years. Either way the team will probably bottom out towards year 6+ of the Huberdeau deal. At least we may get some playoffs to cheer for and ownership won't ve pissed in the meantime.

Also Lindholm never "turned down a contact at market value." You are making that up. There was talks about where both sides stood in negotiation, thats all.
My point was that the Cindarella teams don’t win. The Blues weren’t even a Cindarella team going into the playoffs. Last in the league in January but didn’t squeak in.
Lindholm is barely a #1 centre now and isn’t one on a contender. Having him on an 8 year contract will leave the Flames worse off. His camps demand is 9+ from the Flames and that’s too rich.
If you don’t think this team is bad enough to tank then we just won’t agree haha. This is game 95 of them sucking.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad