Value of: Flames forwards

Nov 24, 2017
Calgary, Alberta
Versteeg is so useful to the Flames on the power play that I wouldn't move him. But we should try and move Staj an at 50% retained somewhere at the deadline if we can.

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver
I think Versteeg would be an upgrade over Beau Bennett, yes. The last time Versteeg was dealt, was for Zykov and a 5th, at the time Zykov was fairly well regarded defensive prospect. If it was for strictly a pick, I would guess he's get closer to a second than a conditional 3rd. Despite playing on the 4th line he is still on the 1st PP unit and putting up close to a 30 point pace.
a 30 point ufa doesn't get you a 2nd rounder. Maybe a 5th.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Josh Leivo and a 5th for Sam Bennett.

He will give you offense in a 3rd line scoring role with PP time. He has 10 goals in less than 50GP in a 4th line roll with some untalented guys.

Cherry Picker

Sep 29, 2011
Josh Leivo and a 5th for Sam Bennett.

He will give you offense in a 3rd line scoring role with PP time. He has 10 goals in less than 50GP in a 4th line roll with some untalented guys.

Leivo and Kapanen would be realistic IMO.

Leafs then let Bennett get his mojo back playing with either Nylander, Marner or Brown.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Leivo and Kapanen would be realistic IMO.

Leafs then let Bennett get his mojo back playing with either Nylander, Marner or Brown.

I think Bennett is a PITA to play against, we can offer more talent further in the line up to help get him back on track. I think Leivo can help Calgary. Put him on a 3rd line with Jankowski and 2nd PP unit in a shooting position.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00