Confirmed with Link: Flames claim Hanley from Dallas

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I have never believed he was an NHLer but why bringing Oesterle's twin? Hanley has awful numbers.
Oesterle has been on the ice for more goals against than Hanley, despite playing 10 fewer games.

Oesterle is an offensive defenseman that can;t play defense or score. Hanley can at least play mediocre defense

joescores

Mar 21, 2011
Oesterle has been on the ice for more goals against than Hanley, despite playing 10 fewer games.

Oesterle is an offensive defenseman that can;t play defense or score. Hanley can at least play mediocre defense
If that's the case, I want to see this next:

Gilbert- Weegar
Hanley- Andersson
Shilly- Pachal
(Nice balance)

OR

Weegar- Andersson
Shilly- Pachal
Gilbert- Hanley
(Sheltering 3rd pair minutes)

Nanuuk

Nov 16, 2013
Calgary, Alberta
I have no issue with this pick up. Hanley is a very cheap pickup signed for another year, like Pachal, can play both positions, has a defence first focus, and has the mobility to play a good breakout/ transition game.

His CF at even strength this season is 55.1% (career 52.4) with the majority of his starts in the dZone. He has 32 blocks and 36 hits in 32 games this year.

He always seems to sign one to two year deals so I could see him doing this again with the Flames are we ripen our younger D.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
8i5drg.jpg

if it means I never have to watch Jordan Oesterle again I'll take it as a massive W

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
If it saves them from wasting picks on a Barrie or whatever, then good.
Meh, as long as it's a 5th or 6th, I don't care. We still want to push for the playoffs so getting someone that can QB our PP wouldn't be the worst thing

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
They could have just sent him over in the Tanev trade but whatevs
Dallas probably wanted to keep him for depth and hoped tehy could sneak him through waivers, or at least until Tanev's visa issues would be sorted.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad