Flames-centric free agency news UPDATE: Flames qualify 12 players

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
First off, let's make sure that speculation and armchair GMing remain in their appropriate threads. Let's use this thread to break news regarding the Flames in the FA period, though. I think that most of what will end up in here are qualifying offers and rumours about negotiations.

Starting off:

Roger Millions ‏@RogMillions 9m9 minutes ago
Can confirm Micheal Ferland has received a QO from #Flames

Last edited:

Wheels of Poirier

Flames in 2016
Mar 21, 2014
First off, let's make sure that speculation and armchair GMing remain in their appropriate threads. Let's use this thread to break news regarding the Flames in the FA period, though.

Starting off:

Roger Millions ‏@RogMillions 9m9 minutes ago
Can confirm Micheal Ferland has received a QO from #Flames

:thumbu:

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
A little surprised at Ramage not getting a qualifying offer. Also a little surprised Van Brabant got one.

Ramage got an NHL game against Winnipeg. Hanowski was never even considered for a call up at any point.

Good to see Byron coming back. Really do hope it means a trade to deal away the surplus of forwards.

Steinberg brings up a good point. Maybe the Flames want to sign Ramage to an AHL deal.

Aug 21, 2014
A little surprised at Ramage not getting a qualifying offer. Also a little surprised Van Brabant got one.

Ramage got an NHL game against Winnipeg. Hanowski was never even considered for a call up at any point.

Good to see Byron coming back. Really do hope it means a trade to deal away the surplus of forwards.

Trade Raymond keep Byron. When Byron's injured call up one of the youngins'.

Maybe Hanowski is looking for a bottom 6 role on an NHL team?

He's taking his talents to the hockey state, Minnesota. (Pure speculation)

Aug 3, 2010
Hanowski being let go isn't a surprise but it's still a disappointing result from the Iginla trade.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
Has to be more than just Raymond being moved out.

Waiver eligible or guaranteed to make the team:
Gaudreau-Monahan-Jones
Bouma-Backlund-Colborne
Jooris-Bennett-Hudler
Ferland-Stajan-Jooris
Bollig-Byron-Shore
Raymond
Elson-Reinhart-Wolf

Then there's Granlund.

Wolf, Reinhart and Elson should easily clear waivers. Granlund starts in the AHL; serves as the primary injury call up.

That still leaves 16 forwards up.

Raymond and Bollig seem like the obvious choices but maybe the Flames package some of the younger players for an upgrade.

Last edited:

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg

Steinberg brings up a good point. Maybe the Flames want to sign Ramage to an AHL deal.

You know this how?

Anyways, not surprised about Ramage. Bottom pairing potential if the stars align. Hanowski is expendable, Acolatse was a given (Sorry about your avatar 100 TG).

Very happy to see Byron coming back.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Kristen Odland ‏@KristenOdlandCH 2m2 minutes ago
"I don't think there is any shocking news," #Flames GM Brad Treliving on today's QO's.

Kristen Odland ‏@KristenOdlandCH 2m2 minutes ago
Treliving, typically tight lipped about contract negotiations, also said he's continuing to work w/Dougie Hamilton's agent J.P. Barry.

Kristen Odland ‏@KristenOdlandCH 1m1 minute ago
He added that Lance Bouma's contract is significant to deal with, also.

Turning Mangiapanese

Jun 18, 2011
Didn't Byron become a UFA last year after the Flames didn't qualify him? How is he a an RFA again? Not that it matters as long as he's back, love that guy.

Bouma's getting a nice raise, hope it won't go to arbitration.

GAMO1992

#ThankYouIggy
Dec 9, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Yeah I can see Bouma wanting a significant raise. And when I say significant, I mean him making north of 1.5M, since he was under 1M last season(If I remember)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad