Status
Not open for further replies.

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle
tumblr_mdo0xh0Tm51qdlh1io1_r1_400.gif

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
this ***** with the oilers is getting really freakin old. coyotes take the lead with 7min left.

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
oilers tie it with 35sec left because greiss tried to get fantasy handling the puck :D going to OT, we're officially the 2nd worst.

Lundell4Prez

Yandle = Bad
Jul 5, 2008
When do we start holding Tallon accountable for this garbage.. Sure he didn't have money... But he also signed Jovo, Kuba, Upshall, Kopecky, Fleischmann, Versteeg.. Traded Horton and Frolik. Has he done any good for this team?

I'm scared to death of the contracts this guy is going to hand out this offseason.

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
When do we start holding Tallon accountable for this garbage.. Sure he didn't have money... But he also signed Jovo, Kuba, Upshall, Kopecky, Fleischmann, Versteeg.. Traded Horton and Frolik. Has he done any good for this team?

He's overall done pretty well in the draft imo.

And Flash and Versteeg were good. Flash for two seasons. Versteeg when we made the playoffs. Upshall has done well this year, although he is overpaid. Kopecky did well last season. Remember we had to spend to make the cap floor that season.

Plus he got back Lou. Got Boyes for cheap. Got Winchester for cheap. Thomas at the start of the season.

Sure he's made some bad moves, but he's also made some good moves. A rebuild takes time. The South East division built up to much expectation.
I firmly believe things will get better.

Crossbar

Apr 29, 2003
48" above the ice

I'm scared to death of the contracts this guy is going to hand out this offseason.
I like Tallon, but wonder if someone else could do a better job attracting quality free agents this summer and putting together a winner. I've grown tired of the "character" mantra, this team showed none for the majority of the last 2 seasons.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania

Upshall has been good this season. Flash did score 60 pts. for us. I mean the guys he signed a few years ago aren't all-stars, but for one season it did come together and work.

I'd also rather have Bjugstad at this stage than Horton. Sure he's done some good. I really doubt anyone could have done much of a better job in these last 4 years.

I like Tallon, but wonder if someone else could do a better job attracting quality free agents this summer and putting together a winner. I've grown tired of the "character" mantra, this team showed none for the majority of the last 2 seasons.

I think the character will be infused over the next couple seasons. We're already seeing it with Gudbranson, Trocheck, Howden, Bjugstad, etc. It's hard to attract a bunch of Doug Gilmours to our team in free agency, especially when we're not allowed to spend any money.

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
he's done well. when he signed everyone that offseason it was kinda necessary. when he first came in he cleaned house, completely tore it down and started from scratch. we needed new players, those guys were all stop gaps. all of those players are almost phased out.

he traded olesz for campbell. got luongo for nothing (with salary retained). has drafted well, drafting guys like barkov, bjugstad, huberdeau, gudbranson, matheson, mccoshen, petrovic, trocheck, grimaldi, howden, that sets us up very well moving forward, not to mention a possible top-3 pick this summer.

lets also keep in mind he's the only gm to get us to the playoffs since 2000 and first ever division champions, almost advancing to the 2nd round.

signing jovo was fine, he just signed him for too long, should've been 2 to 3 years, not 4. kuba was only a 2yr deal and no one expected him to play that bad especially coming off a solid season with ottawa. not his fault versteeg started playing terrible after his extension. not his fault that flash and huberdeau are doing terrible this season. not his fault everyone gets injured. he has money, he'll target guys, its up to those guys whether they want to sign here or not. yes we'll have to over pay a little naturally, but it depends on how much and if its worth it. next year won't be perfect, we still have flash, upshall, kopecky, even jovo still under contract for 1 more yr. then luckily their off the books. if we draft bennett we'll pursue a RW I'm sure since he'll be a winger with us most likely. if we draft ekblad we'll pursue either a lw or rw. and definitely be looking to overhaul our D.

FlaPanthers11

Cats Are Coming?
Aug 30, 2013
We have the potential to determine who is going golfing with us and who gets a shot at the cup over these next 4 games. Should be fun to be at as they really could mean a lot.

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
You're worried about Nathan freaking Horton? I have some news for you folks..

The 2001, 2002 and 2003 drafts were epic failures that lead to the team sucking which lead to losing the biggest asset of the franchise in the Luongo deal in 2006. THAT lead to another idiotic deal involving first rounds picks for Tomas Vokoun in 2008. Another epic disaster. Each move was 10 steps backwards and no steps forward. A long decade of trying to recover from previous mistaking, amounting to absolutely zilch in the process.

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
You're worried about Nathan freaking Horton? I have some news for you folks..

The 2001, 2002 and 2003 drafts were epic failures that lead to the team sucking which lead to losing the biggest asset of the franchise in the Luongo deal in 2006. THAT lead to another idiotic deal involving first rounds picks for Tomas Vokoun in 2008. Another epic disaster. Each move was 10 steps backwards and no steps forward. A long decade of trying to recover from previous mistaking, amounting to absolutely zilch in the process.

Exactly.

At least overall Tallon is making the right moves imo.

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
Exactly.

At least overall Tallon is making the right moves imo.

Tallon is worth every penny to help salvage what's left of us and to attempt to rebuild. He walked into an absolute train-wreck of a team with ZERO assets. The guy is cleaning a decade+ long mess made by a bunch of peebrain pieces of garbage. Then, you got fans saying, well look at St. Lous and LA and Anahiem, now those are real franchises with smart upper management. They've all been building since before the '05 lockout. We were still heading in the wrong direction at that point in time. We'll catch up someday. Be patient.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad