GDT: Flames @ Canucks - Doom and Gloom Edition

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012

Irving
That''s what the entire game looked like the me. Irving had no help whatsoever, he was the Flames best player and the score could have been a whole lot worse.

YMCMBYOLO

WEDABEST
Mar 30, 2009
Irving did play well this game. He was the only Flames that showed up! I hope Irving gets to play the next game, too.

Svenner

Dec 2, 2008
Montreal, QC
I feel bad that the only player helping Irving was Brodie. Gonna kill any confidence he may have.

I don't think so. He knows the loss is not his fault and Hartley mentioned in his press conference that he kept them in the game or the result would've been a lot worse so im sure the team is backing him up with positive feedback. He's an NHL goalie, he can't be dwelling on games like these.

Janks

Pope Janks
Jan 7, 2010
Calgary
Sadly, we still look complacent at times. I'm hoping it's just us getting used to Hartley's system.

Flameshomer

Likeaholic
Aug 26, 2010
Edmonton
The flames really could have used the spark that Backlund has been providing all season this game... i think he's been a real key to our success. Sucks he's out for so long. :(

Irving is playing well, I'm pleased with our future in Net regardless, kipper was looking weary this year. And brodie on the back end is good.

Now let's get rid of everyone but the afore-mentioned (backlund, brodie and Irving) , Hudler, Cervenka, Wideman, Baertschi, Maaaybe Tanguay, and start over. The rest of our "veterans" and "leaders" routinely mail it in. It's ridiculous, and makes me ashamed. I'm starting to have nothing to chirp back to all the stupid oilers fans who surround me up here.

I'm sure we can get something for Iginla, Cammalleri, Bouwmeester, Giordano, Glencross, Stempniak (though I'd be tempted to keep him. Great depth scorer, he's just streaky), Sarich, Stajan may get us something now, but yeah, in conclusion, screw all of them.

Hand of Gaudreau

Gaudreaubey Baker
Jul 14, 2008
Edmonton
Irving did play well this game. He was the only Flames that showed up! I hope Irving gets to play the next game, too.

I feel like this game could have very easily been 10-1 , 12-1, whatever, if Irving didn't absolutely stand on his head. I can't count on both hands how many times I jumped out of my seat and screamed 'WHAT A ****ING SAVE!!!'. If he didn't make a couple of those before the Flames scored, the Flames may have never even gotten a goal on Sat. If that game didn't prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that this kid can play in this league I don't know what does. Not one goal was his fault and 3 of them (I shut off the game before the 5th goal so I didn't see it) no goalie would have stopped and you can't blame him for the tip through his 5-hole.

I am extremely optimistic about the Flames future with him as their starting goalie, and I kind of hope Kipper goes down long enough to get Irving the 25 games he needs to remain an RFA. Side note does anyone know if that total is still 25 games with this shortened season?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad