GDT: Flames @ Avs: Battle for the Basement Edition - April 8 @ 7:00

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beats By CoRD

Tommy Fresh
Jul 12, 2009
In The Studio
www.myflashstore.net
No they probably won't win out, but it doesn't do any good for the franchise if they did. I doubt people are cheering for them to lose (cheering when the other team scores), hoping and cheering are two different things. I hope they lose more games then win down the stretch but I still want them to give an honest effort. When it comes down to it everyone wants a franchise player, winning a bunch of games down the stretch and drafting 6 - 10 isn't going to do us any good. Unless your content with floating in 9-12 position year after year.

I thought this was pretty much established weeks ago and again confirmed by management around the deadline? This team is not good enough and is rebuilding/retooling.

So sorry some guys are having some fun with what is an embarrassment of a season. Crucify all of them. Smh...

StreakingRed

Jan 4, 2007
Calgary, Alberta
No they probably won't win out, but it doesn't do any good for the franchise if they did. I doubt people are cheering for them to lose (cheering when the other team scores), hoping and cheering are two different things. I hope they lose more games then win down the stretch but I still want them to give an honest effort. When it comes down to it everyone wants a franchise player, winning a bunch of games down the stretch and drafting 6 - 10 isn't going to do us any good. Unless your content with floating in 9-12 position year after year.

Sounds like it to me. Last few years for this franchise must have been paradise for him.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
Since when is pride a four letter word around here?

Someone wants to cheer their team on to win - so they're ridiculed? They question the loyalty of those who cheer for "their" team to lose, and they're crucified?

I am disappoint.

You need to read the thread. No one was ridiculing anyone until Abbotsford Heat came in and called who was in on the joke "sickening".

Ridiculous post.

MuffinMerc

Come watch TV
Jan 23, 2013
Since when is pride a four letter word around here?

Someone wants to cheer their team on to win - so they're ridiculed? They question the loyalty of those who cheer for "their" team to lose, and they're crucified?

I am disappoint.

There's 2 sides to the point.

If we were in still in the playoff race/still a bubble playoff team, then cheering against the Flames is a bad thing. The team would still have that it's chances at the post season and a chance (albeit a small one) at winning the Cup.

But we aren't. We are a team that just initiated it's rebuild. The team has 10 games left. Only 10 games left this season. Winning is always a good thing for the guys on the team, but climbing the standings is counter productive right now. And earlier on in the season, I think we all knew that the only way to get a proper rebuild going was for the team to lose games. We were all talking about it before, and it was understandable why some fans would want the team to lose: not because they like seeing the Flames lose and stay as a bottom tier team, but to force the rebuild that ownership would only initiate after seeing how bad this team actually was. And we should all understand the idea of "we're already at the bottom of the NHL with 10 games left, we might as well throw the rest of this shortened season away and get a franchise centerman/winger/defense man", whether we like it or not.

What we Flames fans and Avs fans did with these GDT's was a great idea for lightening the mood, and should not be taken so seriously as AH took it. It wasn't a game against the Hawks, the Wings, or anyone else. It was a game against the 2 worse teams in the NHL where a victory or loss is more or less meaningless. Depressing times for both clubs, so we might as well make some fun out of it. Now, if Flames fans are still rooting for this team to lose at the start of next season, then you obviously know Flames fans from the "pathetic excuse of a sports fan" as AH puts it.

StreakingRed

Jan 4, 2007
Calgary, Alberta

No. Someone pulls the "you're not a real fan" card and comes on here looking down on everyone else from his high horse with some lame pride speech on how we should all be ashamed for wanting a franchise player at the draft to compensate for what has otherwise been an embarrassment of a season, and they're ridiculed.

MarkGio

Nov 6, 2010
Too many posts are attacking user's, not their messages. While I thought it was a good debate, it's disappointing it could not have been executed without insults.

Now I have to close it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad